free hit
counters
430 Cup Style Front Plate - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Taking inspiration from the new front end on the 430 Cup I’ve moved my front number plate.

952A8A65-63D2-477E-867F-9E2E5910DED4.thumb.jpeg.0014db32288a2f2759f1e4c9fe0396f1.jpeg

Tidies up the front end no end, getting rid of the metal bracket. Just need some white screws to calm the OCD.

Having seen a 430 with a full size plate I don’t think airflow will be an issue with my (cough) compact one.

Just used some long number plate screws with a penny washer behind. Also happened to have a couple of perfect sized spacers to hold it in place in the mesh, but probably not needed.

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks well but only a few years back lotus would have been going on about reduced cooling etc ? if you did that!

Can’t make that much difference to airflow compared with a full size plate in the standard position.

Have a look at pics of the 430 with a standard size plate. It covers about half of the intake. 

I don’t think I’ll be cooking my engine any time soon. ?

I like it, I have considered doing this to mine, good to know it's an easy job.

I've taken the vent / plinth off before (to cut/fit tow eye) and that was pretty easy, good job!

I don’t like it, because that’s where all other cars have number plates. 

I never understood how Lotus managed to legally place the number plate so low, as this isn’t legal in Europe (min. 20 cm from ground !)

So I prefer to have something no other cars legally have.

Edited by ArthouseCompany

Bit of a Marmite mod then.

Couple more pics for anyone who’s interested.

CB457595-22FF-412B-B427-1A4FE67B0A8E.thumb.jpeg.0ace713d1a92481dab55f2edf1110c04.jpeg12DCC775-5E63-4B92-83BE-B5A30DCE171D.thumb.jpeg.f1f1e1563fb3865a599ba70093d1f443.jpeg

I've done it on mine (no pics yet sorry) as I had a spare 3/4 plate and I liked the idea.

Now that I've done it I'm not so sure,  will need to see car out of the garage in clean space to be able to determine my favourite.  I like the cleaner spoiler and I think a black front plate is asking for trouble!

Edited by TonyKL