free hit
counters
Esprit S4S Mica Yellow - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
S4S 4

Esprit S4S Mica Yellow

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks ace. Great looking car 

yes fantastic looking car .....Mike

Now get out and thrash her hard ??

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Now get out and thrash her hard ??

Already done that Barry.they are fairly quick cars.

Can’t have done it properly - the word fairly wouldn’t be used ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Can’t have done it properly - the word fairly wouldn’t be used ?

Ok I was surprised with the power and they are very quick?

For sale already?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/lotus-esprit-s4s/8503649

May I ask why and also why bother to go to all that trouble to fit the twin exhausts?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Pits said:

For sale already?

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/esprit/lotus-esprit-s4s/8503649

May I ask why and also why bother to go to all that trouble to fit the twin exhausts?

I think John in reality is a bit tall for the Esprit and prefers his cars a bit more modern - shame, but hopefully someone will buy and continue to love this very special Esprit:)

(By the way, is the original exhaust available? :D — Was it still good before removal?)

Exhaust was perfect but not original factory.......I think it was a PNM one from memory - not sure if John has kept it though?

As long as it's a right exit pipe it could interest me — depending on price of course :D
Actually the difficult thing is that it's hard to decide without hearing it first! (particularly afraid of the drone sound on the motorway)

Are you talking about buying the car or the exhaust?:lol:

• Haha 1

Yea guys it's up for sale . This is an amazing car and in exceptional condition. Not expecting to sell this soon so I Will still have a few drives out and enjoy 😁

5 hours ago, Giniw said:

As long as it's a right exit pipe it could interest me — depending on price of course :D
Actually the difficult thing is that it's hard to decide without hearing it first! (particularly afraid of the drone sound on the motorway)

It's a right hand pipe but I expect it will be to loud for you😁😁😂

• Like 1

That’s sad - I’m amazed anyone ever jumps ship from esprit ownership.

@S4S 4any plans what your replacing it with??

47 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

That’s sad - I’m amazed anyone ever jumps ship from esprit ownership.

@S4S 4any plans what your replacing it with??

I liked the Evora S so will probably go along that route.

• Like 1

I’m guessing you weren’t think big about selling when you were fitting that twin exit exhaust system, why the sudden change of heart, just as the weather is set to improve?

I’d definitely keep the original rear bumper and single exit exhaust with the car, its worth more to me with those back on.

12 minutes ago, S4S 4 said:

I liked the Evora S so will probably go along that route.

Good choice - I’m wanting an evora next to use as a daily 

10 minutes ago, The Pits said:

I’m guessing you weren’t think big about selling when you were fitting that twin exit exhaust system, why the sudden change of heart, just as the weather is set to improve?

I’d definitely keep the original rear bumper and single exit exhaust with the car, its worth more to me with those back on.

I love the twin exit look - but even I’m keeping mine stock looking - well “ish” and going for single pipe

wish you good luck with the sale, i like the text inside your ad: "This must be the best S4S avaliable at this time"

its maby the best of the UK. dont forget i also have a low mileage S4s for sale hahahahaha :P (with one orginal pipe :lol:)

And the steering wheel on the wrong side

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Good choice - I’m wanting an evora next to use as a daily 

I love the twin exit look - but even I’m keeping mine stock looking - well “ish” and going for single pipe

It's an easy return to standard tail pipe. It's only the splitter that's modified not the bumper. I actually prefer the twin pipe.

I would hope so, must have cost quite a lot to achieve.

But will it be easy to find an unmodified splitter to replace it? Doubtful.

Not much of a fix for someone who wants it to go back to factory original to have a hole cut where a 2nd pipe used to go. Seems a strange thing to bother doing during such a short ownership.

Fortunately for you some seem to like the twin pipe look but it will put others off. No doubt some prefer the V8 front bumper look too but it would be nice if there were a few left which looked like an S4s!

Mind you, I have seen a lot worse. There is more than one Sport 300 out there with twin exit pipes and even a late V8 round rear light look! :X

This is an easy fix . I have the splitter end so it can be added back on and re painted no drama really. I think this is a very good example of an S4S and I can't see an exhaust being an issue when you look at the whole car .