free hit
counters
Exige V6S to Cup250 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
JG220

Exige V6S to Cup250

i'm considering swapping my 2016 V6S for a Cup250, possibly a pre 17.5 or an ex-demo/pre-reg 17.5

I haven't seen it in the flesh yet, but i'm really rather taken by the Opalescent blue one at Snows. The very short remaining warranty is a consideration (its less than is on my V6!)

Generally i think i prefer the slightly less crazy body kit of the 17.5, and i guess the gear change has improved a bit with new cable systems. 

Other than that, any advice? 

Edited by JG220

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had a V6 Cup a while back and last year had a 250 Cup and loved them both. Out of the two the 250 was probably a little more fun over all, fantastic on track and easier to manage, better on fuel, better balanced and later on the brakes. The V6 of course has the punch and will be quicker. Neither is wrong.

Trevor.

What are you hoping to gain from the move?

My advice would be to take a look at Trevor's Kawasaki Green 17.5 250 Cup for sale at Hoffmans.

Thanks both. 

Hoping to gain 'lightness' mostly. :)

Hoffmans' 17.5 would be perfect if it wasn't Kawasaki green. 

Edited by JG220

Each to their own on colour as always but I thought much the same about Olive Green until I saw that in person.

If lightness is the aim then an Elise is definitely a move in the right direction.

The feeling of mass behind you is almost completely gone. In an Elise Cup, you just feel grip. Very durable track cars providing you have one with a sorted gearbox. Some have had issues.

250 gen 1 owner here, I do agree about latest aero being less crazy, apart from the rear Diffuser which in my opinion is sadly missed on the lastest car, but apart from that the lastest car does have as some improvements better front clam, open gate gear linkage. Some people seem to think Gen 1 cars will hold its value a bit better, which I am not sure about, Snows Opaneslacent blue car is as far as I know a one off, in that colour and having full leather upholstery so could be a good buy and sure there would a good deal to be had, if you spoke to Ken.

Just back from another 60 running in miles in mine :) You definitely notice the difference in the Elise, it feels smaller, lighter and more agile than the V6 Exige and although I'm currently limited to 4k rpm it's still quick enough to make rapid progress. I'm sure there will be times when I'll miss the ballistic acceleration of the V6 (particularly on track), but on the road I found the Exige too fast to drive hard.

When the 17.5 250 Cup was first launched, I was a bit disappointed with the new look - a bit too tame I thought - but I really love it now, it works really well in the flesh and I prefer it (particularly the new rear end and and toned down diffuser/exhaust) to the pre-facelift car. The open gate gearchange is a revelation. It looks great and the change quality has improved to the point where it's now one of the cars outstanding features. The latest exhaust also sounds terrific, I'm just hoping it's not too loud and doesn't cause issues on track!

• Like 1

Toxic Green here and I have to say I think a do prefer Kawasaki Green, but never seen one in the flesh and never seen one with Carbon aero kit, do agree about the red lastest jen at B&Q seems a tad expensive with the amount of miles on the clock. Have seen snows blue Cup, when they had it as new and have to say it looks loads better in the flesh than in the pictures and I thought the leather upholstery just set it off.

IMG_0001.JPG

• Like 1

I saw the red 250 at B&C yesterday, the amount of carbon on that is bonkers..

Carbon Aero Pack
Carbon Fibre Hardtop
Carbon Fibre Access Panel
Carbon Fibre Tailgate
Carbon Fibre Roll Hoop Cover
Carbon Fibre Sill Covers
Titanium Exhaust

I love toxic and the one at Howards would be perfect. 

I have to say, i'm not really a big fan of the look of carbon (even though i'd take the lightness) - I actually think that you have it just right Neil by painting it all. 

The snows blue one is just right for my taste just hampered by a couple of things really:

-Not paint filmed from new, would need to see what the 1800 miles have done

-Not garaged which is probably ok these days, but is a mild concern. 

-Short warranty

I’d like to think an extended warranty could be negotiated into the deal. Very nice car that. Great time of year to get a deal also.

My Exige was relentless in delivering thrilling track drives for a modest running cost. A brilliant ownership experience. A fine, fine car that I was privileged to own. The GT430 is astonishing but has very big shoes to fill. But my Elise Sportsracer was the most fun of them all. No aircon. Pure magic roof-off in the Alps. Exquisite car to drive.

It would never be to a factory warranty standard though. Having said all that, Lotus are usually very good with these things. 

I can't find any information ref baffled sumps. Do you know if the 250cup come with one?

The exige is not a better car overall?

Better and planted chassy, bigger tyres, and obviously faster?

Why come back?

Surely it’s too close to your other toy @JG220? Unless...?

• Like 1

Hmmmm, that's what I was thinking Steve, but, then again ...............:rolleyes:

• Like 1