free hit
counters
Potential new buyer. Discounts? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
R56JON

Potential new buyer. Discounts?

Hello there potential Evora buyer and having had a quick search through the forum posts can't find much relating to discounting. I have not bought a lotus before and was wondering whether there are discounts available on the 400 and what would represent a decent deal?

any help appreciated 

thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Plenty to be had. Dealers are sat on cars that are a big chunk of cash and are keen to move them.  May change a little as spring hits. 

If you look at a car already in stock, there are good discounts to be had as they can be quite slow to move. The longer they sat there the more of a discount to be had.

if you want to make an order with a car specified, starting point is that the 50:50 deal is likely to cost around 3k to dealers so if you don’t need it, this is already one bit they should give you and then it comes down to other circumstances, what you buy, when you buy it, if you do part exchange and how keen the dealer is at the time. It feels like there is definitely room at the moment but the 400 is not a huge selling priority considering gt430 and GT410 recent launches.

There are some gems that are sat unregistered that qualify for the 50/50. Not many though. I was lucky that the one car that was in the exact spec/colour I wanted was unregistered and burning a hole in the showroom floor :D

Many thanks for the tips I have started talking to dealers and will see what is available.

@R56JON Not sure where your based but Bell & Colvill are having an ‘Evora’ open day this weekend, so worth giving @Jamie-BellandColvill a call to book a place  as I know there have several new cars in stock. They are also putting a 430 on the road for the event I believe. 

https://www.bellandcolvill.co.uk/news/detail/lotus-evora-test-drive-event_1/

I know of a stunning 410 Sport at Stratton Motor Company which I'm sure they are keen to pass on to a good owner...give Alex there a call to discuss.

As has already been said, cars in stock need to be sold so there is always a conversation to be had.  Cash/financing will make a difference too so discuss those options.  Personally, I have found Lotus dealers to be easy to deal with on price discussions.  

You will not regret buying an Evora, awesome car!

Jamie at B&C and Aimee at Silverstone will always have some options in stock, so worth speaking to them.

Great time of year to buy, get stuck in! Evora weekend at B&C is a good place to start as they have a number of different models to try.

Good Morning John,

I currently have a stunning Lotus Evora Sport 410 in stock with a super spec. Would be happy to work with you to see if we can get you in to this car at an amicable price. I attached some photos for you. Thanks for mention @M4rk! Feel free to contact me on 01508 530491 if she is of interest.

Metallic Black, Interior colour Pack Yellow, Alcantara Steering Wheel, Cruise, Air Con, 4 Speaker Double Din, Sound Insulation.

Its currently cold, snowy and very quiet here which ultimately means i'm currently feeling very generous .... Take advantage of this situation :-)

All the best

Alex

Evora 410 1.jpg

Evora 410 2.jpg

Evora 410 3.jpg

Evora 410 4.jpg

• Love 1

Thanks Alex @Stratton Motor Company For the heads up unfortunately I'm looking for a 400 not a 410. Thank you again to all posters for the advice and info I'm going this week to central in Nottingham as I'm based up north to sample some merchandise. Does anyone carry young kids? They need to go in my car probably half dozen times a year for very short trips, people are up-selling the fact this would be no problem, what are people's actual experiences?

Thanks again in advance.

Yes, kids up to 5 or 6 fit fine. (My 2yo goes in her car seat). 

After that age, it’s doable but it gets to be bit of a squish. 

My 7 yr old fits in mine fine, no child seat req in the rear!

Gav 

My daughter started to complain at 11, if that’s any help. 

You got off lightly, my lad complains about everything! ? 

• Haha 1

My 2.5 year old daughter is fitting in he really Category 1 seat behind my wife with the seat a forward as possible and the backseat slightly straight. This has been ok for us to drive an hour and even could probably do more.

i have managed to put my father in law and the 9 year old son of my mate in the back with my mate in the front to drive from London to Bicester with no complaint from anybody.ok, in all fairness my father in law sim pretty short but for anyone below 5ft, you are good. Only issue is for younger kids with the bigger car seats but still doable.

what age are your kids?

Easiest is to try one to be fair. Where are you based?

No problem at all John! good luck in your search I'm sure you will find the right car soon. I will just mention we do have our demonstrator 400 coming off fleet in the next month or so this is a good value car at £74995.00 It has also had a ceramic paint treatment is in the striking Motorsport Green with Tan interior and black pack it has covered just 800 miles. It has a saving of approximately £10,000.00 off list price.

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

I had a good look at the Stratton cars, they are very very nice. Alex is great to deal with.

• Like 1

My kids are 5 and 10 so with the 10 yo in the front the 5 yo should fit nicely behind her. As a family of four would use my wife's car anyway for longer trips or carrying stuff. Shout out for Connor at Central Lotus of Nottingham test drove their demo today and nice to chat to someone passionate about their cars.