free hit
counters
2018 Limited Edition for US Market - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ccd

2018 Limited Edition for US Market

A dealer in the US is advertising a 2018 “limited edition” (40) unit Lotus Evora with the carbon fiber rear window and other weight saving measures.  Is this really what it is???   There is nothing on the US Lotus website about it and I’ve never hear mention of it anywhere

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I assume you are talking about AutoEurope? I posted this on the 2018MY thread.

They may be one of first to know something because they are closest dealer to U.S. headquarters. I have a feeling none of the GT variants are going to make it over here so they just threw on the louvered tail gate and newer style front fluid cover and called it "limited edition".

used-2018-lotus-evora_400_launch_edition-2018lotusevora400launcheditionlimitedproduction-5491-17318010-1-640.jpg

used-2018-lotus-evora_400_launch_edition-2018lotusevora400launcheditionlimitedproduction-5491-17318010-2-640.jpg

used-2018-lotus-evora_400_launch_edition-2018lotusevora400launcheditionlimitedproduction-5491-17318010-3-640.jpg

used-2018-lotus-evora_400_launch_edition-2018lotusevora400launcheditionlimitedproduction-5491-17318010-4-640.jpg

used-2018-lotus-evora_400_launch_edition-2018lotusevora400launcheditionlimitedproduction-5491-17318010-5-640.jpg

used-2018-lotus-evora_400_launch_edition-2018lotusevora400launcheditionlimitedproduction-5491-17318010-6-640.jpg

used-2018-lotus-evora_400_launch_edition-2018lotusevora400launcheditionlimitedproduction-5491-17318010-7-640.jpg

used-2018-lotus-evora_400_launch_edition-2018lotusevora400launcheditionlimitedproduction-5491-17318010-8-640.jpg

used-2018-lotus-evora_400_launch_edition-2018lotusevora400launcheditionlimitedproduction-5491-17318010-9-640.jpg

used-2018-lotus-evora_400_launch_edition-2018lotusevora400launcheditionlimitedproduction-5491-17318010-10-640.jpg

Edited by Likuid

That is what I saw.   Thanks.  Would be nice to have something in the official USA Lotus site about it

Lotus in the US leaves a lot to be desired.  Website is always out of date and they cannot provide any info on virtually any thing.  Most dealers don't even know what a 430 is and the few that do all seem to make info up.  For example I've heard the GT430 is coming as a limited edition model later this year.  I've heard it is not.  You cannot get a straight answer about the 410 (with the new body) or the 430 Sport.  So I just bought a GT3 Touring (July build) and just put in my order for a green GT3 RS (since the Pits won't give me his car...).

Wake up Lotus.

I have to agree that buying a Lotus right now in the US is a tough sell.  The website is an archaic mess.  Want to find out the price of an Evora?  Good luck finding it.  That includes options as well.  Want info on the latest models like the 430 GT or 410 GT?  Hang around this forum.  Want to know when models are due to come to the USA?  No firm information is to be had.  

I’m sure people will come to defend Lotus with nonsense like Lotus lacks to money to build a website like Porsche.  But no one is asking for a sophisticated website, we are asking that the website provide BASIC information.

I like Lotus and the Evora, even with its quirks, comes closer to meeting my needs than just about any other car.  BUT...I see no evidence of a real commitment to the US market.  As a result, the only reason the car remains on my list of cars to test drive is due to the large discounts one can get on the car.  

My cynical guess is that there will be a big US roll out that coincides with the introductions of the Lotus SUV and the two new sports cars.  Until then, the Evora will soldier on in the US with minimal promotion or support.

GT430 press release spoke of US version 

There is no mention of the GT430 on the official Lotus USA website (or the 410 GT for that matter)

1 minute ago, SFO said:

Yea, I called LCU after reading this, and after reading the Pistonheads article which said the same thing.  I was told no.  A month later I was told maybe.  

Makes sense for Lotus to make a US version to spread out the development costs And to make more money

If you look under “Model Range” on the US website you see two Evora models: the 400 and the Sport 410.  People are simply not going to dig thru press releases just to find out what models you have and when they might come to your shores.

The Sport 410 with many light weight cf bits arrived in US last August/September.  Things like the CF such  as the duckbill louvered hatch are now available options on the 400.  I'm sure AutoEurope just custom ordered this 400 that way, so no it is not a specific submodel.  I hear that the GT models are going on sale in the US this summer.

Julian73, this is great information.  Thank you.  My continual frustration with Lotus is that you currently practically have to be a detective to find out what their plans are for the US market.   I’ve read that JMG considers the US a major market for their cars, but you would NEVER know it from the company’s actions.  Getting reliable information about products just shouldn’t be this hard!