free hit
counters
Cleaning cooling system - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
PhilW

Cleaning cooling system

Took some pipes off on Sunday to repair some minor drips.  Whilst the wife was out  washed the pipes in the kitchen sink internally and got the brown deposits off.  Was wondering if there is anything that can be run for a short time that will clean the entire system of this dirt.  Then drain, rinse thoroughly and refill with correct solution of antifreeze.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Citric acid

When I first got mine heater matrix was effectively blocked.   I used the available 'Holts' heavy duty cleaner available at that time and to my genuine suprise it worked a treat and the system & heater have been good ever since  (I also did much flushing/reverse flushing, so its possible that alone may have cured the problem, but who knows)

• Thanks 1

We are involved with an owner who is trying to "clean a clogged chargecooler".

^^ Say that, three times fast, without tripping over your tongue!

His pump wasn't working for years (and, he paid to have the mechanical pump repaired but the system was clogged so the impeller stripped out immediately.)

So, now with an electric pump, the CC still won't pass coolant.:(  The CC is removed and he is trying to rig up a low pressure pump.  It keeps leaking so he can't 'flush' it.  :X

11 hours ago, Buddsy said:

come on Phil dont you know Google knows everything!

Coolant System Cleaner for Phil

Hahaha no idea what is like but looks like what you need?

buddsy

Great thanks.  I shall get some of this Buddsy.  Should have asked my wife. She says she knows everything!!

• Haha 1

Hi Phil .Sounds like mine ...Mike