free hit
counters
Snow Day! - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

I was planning on having mine serviced, MOT'd and back on the road this week after it's winter lay-up. Think I'll leave it where it is for another couple of days.

5a97c6ee41fa6_DavidMobile01_03.18004.thumb.JPG.f5b83ad346fec517f906dae018ce1c2b.JPG

5a97c70418203_DavidMobile01_03.18005.thumb.JPG.445307e5001a2f6770d62fcafe194cbf.JPG

At least I've found my front gate - for now anyway as it's started falling again, :( .

5a97c80b2a5ef_220313-1530hrs.jpg.ff2707a4653e88b7c4a0232a9c123a38.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the bottom of that fire resembles your old esprit numberplate  go on treat yourself  https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p63681?r=googleshopping&rr=marin&utm_source=googleshopping&u

Easily confused @Bibs

Posted Images

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

We had a foot or so here. Trouble is our council have only been able to keep the main roads open (and some of those were closed over night due to drifting snow) due to what they say are "budget cuts". 

Image may contain: outdoor

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Yep, sure the councils will use the opportunity to bang that old drum again rather than accept responsibility for bad decisions.

They wrote off one gritter early doors this morning and the rest got stuck in snow yesterday as they couldn't get past all the idiots who thought they could get to work/shopping and couldn't.....apparantly.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Not the same here in darkest Suffolk.

Local  council decided to suspend bin collections on Tues morning, when the roads were all open and no problems. When I called them they said the road to our village was impassable (there had hardly been any snow!). I sent them dash cam footage of my journey at 7.30  that same morning which went past their depot, along the A12 and into our village, the very route that the bin lorry would have taken.

Still awaiting their response.

Heard from another source that there was a dispute that morning between council operations people and the sub contractors. Sub contractors wanted to work as normal, council told them if they did they would be liable for any damage

Well it started to snow now, -6 degrees at midday, now the snow has started it has warmed up to -4 degrees. Cows fed, ice bashed in on cattle troughs, pipes still frozen and went over on my arse on the ice - now just warming up and waiting to see how much snow we get before turning out again..

• Gold FFM

Dropped kids at school. Didn’t bother going to work to get cold.

picked up lots of alpaca food - fed and watered the herd - they are cold.

fixed the tin roof on the barn which has been banging all bloody night

fixed the gas heater for the annex - log delivery for the biomass is Sunday. Cut some wood lit the fires.

school ring - they are shutting at lunchtime. Well fk me - the weather has been pretty clear upto now about what it would do - so why leave it to the last poxy minute to announce that one. Picked kids up - roads now utter chaos with stressed women in stupid Volvo,bmx,Audi,vw 4x4 fakes slipping all over the road. Kids simply ain’t going to school tomorrow. Bloody teachers and local authorities 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

That’s a vent door thingy - it’s slightly open ?

not much call for a spirit level in chicken sheds - the hens get confused with them

Only here once

I didn't want to risk taking the car out this morning so I walked to the office.

The walk was pretty pleasant actually. A nice stroll to the office grabbing a coffee on the way. Didn't even take any longer than normal, maybe 3 minutes total, but that's allowing for 2:30 in the kitchen making an espresso.

Edited by Mister_Tad
7 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

That’s a vent door thingy - it’s slightly open ?

not much call for a spirit level in chicken sheds - the hens get confused with them

But PGA called for an espirit level in the garage....:)

I ain't snow angel, just a 50 year old kid at heart..Screenshot_2018-03-01-23-45-31.thumb.png.2265c21dab7705056367356b85d234d0.png

Screenshot_2018-03-01-23-43-56.thumb.png.53d0ab915b23b6499a67fac8bc525352.png

And as my carpet delivery failed to arrive today, tomorrow I shall be using this delivery for makin snowmen. 

DSC_0283.thumb.JPG.e5d0c17c8dae0fe8fd4a40afe9730baa.JPG

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

It was a tough tough choice to be fair57F8EB76-6B6B-4732-8E1B-3F5D86728FFA.thumb.jpeg.c005e13c154293d1930d50f8316dccf2.jpeg

burning fence posts.....   got some money this fella...

• Haha 1

Well we have had the snow - between a foot and 3 feet where it has drifted. Now we have the freezing rain creating a sheet of ice on top of the snow which is making life a little more interesting. Even the dogs are refusing to to go out, just guess they will need to cross there legs a little longer 

Just been watching the news - Why are they giving air time to the idiots who decided to go out in it last night and get stranded, who are just moaning about the lack of emergency services, gritters and information. It's not as this has come as a surprise. Some of these people should be real candidates for the Darwin awards. 

A little update - Looks like the freezing rain is turning back to snow. :o Going to be  long day.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
30 minutes ago, andyj007 said:

burning fence posts.....   got some money this fella...

A buddy of mine dropped off some offcuts and leftovers a few weeks ago - forgot all about them - found them in the shed whilst foraging for wood ?

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Snowed in today - completely. This is the road just down the way.

funny thing is we’ve got only the very lightest dusting on the drive1DA0F30A-0FD7-4DE3-BC18-F23CD6C62554.jpeg.25cbc9119771f4c7ba97809e405cc32b.jpeg

• Like 2

Only here once

Impreza and winter tyres is a hoot! The drifts were large last night!

20180301_202749.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.