free hit
counters
Snow Day! - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Everyone having fun? 

Sorry better rephrase that. Everyone in East Anglia, most of the North East and Scotland having fun?

Got a fair amount here, about a foot last night and similar today. Most main roads closed in Norfolk due to Lorries getting stuck and jacknifing....that and idiots in normal cars thinking it is ok to "Pop down the shops" and then ending up blocking the roads because they can't get up a slight incline.

Anyway....my dogs enjoying it!

image.png

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the bottom of that fire resembles your old esprit numberplate  go on treat yourself  https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p63681?r=googleshopping&rr=marin&utm_source=googleshopping&u

Easily confused @Bibs

Posted Images

I could really have done with being in the office today. And the kids' schools are shut. And half the house is out of action due to building works. So... yeah, it's great:ermm:

Mt. Buller where I used to go skiing would be real happy if they got about 6" of snow every so often. I can't imagine a foot in a single dump.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I decided it was too dodgy as it was about 12" deep at home ......my 'boss' decided different as there was no snow in Manchester .........so I walked to the train station.......got in for lunch.....finished at 4.......more snow forecast for tonight........think I'll tell him to go whistle tomorrow........not spending an hour wandering through a blizzard each way again.......it was -9.....fikkin cowd

• Haha 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

So are 'snow days' similar to sick days? A separate amount of time off that employers have to give in case?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Employers don't have to pay, but some do.

I remember when working for Sainsburys, I left 3 hours early for a 20 mins journey, got to work OK as by that time (5am-6am) there weren't cars littered about on roads, and snow hadn't been compacted to ice . We had people turn up to help at our branch as they couldn't get to their normal place of work, but some of our staff who live in the same village as those helpers, strangely couldn't make it in.

Now, I work for a bank and routinely work from home, so today I could look out of a window across the fields and (snow storm permitting) see the A47 (Dual carriageway road) with vehicles on it that didn't seem to move for hours. At least I don't have to add to the traffic blocking up the roads.

it's been a beautiful dry few days down on the South Coast. Blue skies and sunshine, although the breeze is a little brisk. Ten minutes of snow yesterday which melted within the next ten minutes. Nothing further to report really. The rest of the UK sounds grim - wouldn't want to live there. 

• Haha 1

No snow on Dartmoor yet just bloody cold - got to the dizzying heights of minus 4 degrees this afternoon, great fun was had defrosting the cattle troughs (not) several times today.  50cm of snow is forecast for tomorrow and more on Friday.

Yes - could be interesting. It's been a good few years since we had anything like that. Although I have learnt that weather forecasting for us appears to be 80% guesswork and their ability to get the forecast wrong is about the same percentage. For example - tonight the National forecast showed us with little or no snow tomorrow where as the local forecast 20 minutes later claimed we could be in for 50cm snow - One of them will probably be right.  Both forecasts were BBC and both based upon the Met Office (based some 10 miles from us).

From 2009:

094.jpg

041.jpg

49AB72BE00000578-5443873-image-m-75_1519

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

I read that in the UK employers don’t have to pay employees if they cannot get in to work due to weather.

1 hour ago, Stuart Monument said:

I agree with that @Chillidoggy employers can’t be responsible for the weather 

From a self employed point of view, I don't get paid if I don't get to work, why should anyone else.

Getting paid for not turning up gives no incentive to try, if the NHS took a leaf out of the private sector book, perhaps they wouldn't find themselves so short staffed all the time.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Witnesssd a funny story today, was working in Canary Wharf talking to a warehouse manager who had spent 4 hours getting in from Maidstone, it pretty bad down there and he got in. . So he has an employee who lives in Old Street London  who didn’t make it. Now as you know you can get on the tube and it has this small advantage of being underground and is about 15 mins from the place I was in. 

He kept on texting him, calling him and nothing, then at 13.30 he gets a text saying he had spent the morning trying to get someone to look after his daughter as her school was closed. So he phones the school and it is open! At this point I am laughing saying you need to keep on his case. 

I am not making this next bit up, he mentions the school being closed and the fella says no it was open but he was snowed in. In Old Street ?????. 

• Gold FFM

Come on folks - get a grip!

5a9745cc416c4_asnowflake.jpg.15003c2c8581a236fa63150c5f10b914.jpg

You want snow? I'll give you snow!

5a9746f556c23_220313-1030.jpg.811f71a0858cf3e4ac67d84f0dd19faf.jpg

Fortunately, at least somebody is enjoying it.

5a9747621b261_Shadow-Snow2.jpg.1221744569e2068ab1f72e5fd62d75cf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

We’ve still got next to nothing. Just dust here and there. 

It’s absolutely freezing though - I ain’t even bothering going out to work - I’ve got some isolator switch boxes to prep next to the fire and tv in the lounge

Only here once

Quite bad here in Yorkshire. I was supposed to be taking my Evora to Silverstone tomorrow for its 1-year service but it looks like the weather is going to be too bad to risk the long trip.

IMG_0452.JPG