free hit
counters
why so many low mileage Ferraris? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

why so many low mileage Ferraris?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought the correct method for winding back the mileage on Ferraris was to put the rear axle up on stands and run it in reverse. Or maybe that was just in a film or something.

Now you know just how hard it is to get to the speedo cable behind the dash - far easier on a triumph spitfire ? i cranked some miles up on the S4 over the last year - it’s like a badge of honour

I would still think there are many people with money who have no ideas or real interest in cars owning Ferraris as they can then be a Ferrari owner. These are the type of people who would not wan

I would still think there are many people with money who have no ideas or real interest in cars owning Ferraris as they can then be a Ferrari owner.

These are the type of people who would not want to add miles on their cars as it would affect the value.

Chicken and twat situation.

buddsy

• Like 2

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• Gold FFM

I’ve been tempted with one before - the way values are falling - I could well be tempted again.

i know it’ll be a mistake though - but I won’t learn

Only here once

Just check the MOT history like you would with any car. Takes 2 minutes on-line and costs nothing. Also check the service history before purchase. Let’s face it, Ferrari’s just do not get driven much, so low mileage is the norm,  rather than the exception.

• Gold FFM

Which is fine to check mot history - but it’s very simple to “service” the car in this way prior to mot mileage entry on the computer.

Only here once

I wonder if they'll be giving money back to the people that they may have fleeced? Mind you, if the customers can shell out that sort of money, possibly they don't care, or maybe they won't say anything so their friends don't find out they only bought second hand and not new?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Keeping cars as low mileage is easy - just disconnect the speedo for the majority of the year. Just watch the likes of Quentin Wilson driving his cars on TV, their speedos never seems to be working (When you start looking you will be shocked how often this appears to be the case - well I was). As for servicing records, just service the car annually as a matter of 'good practice' - simples. I am not sure I will ever believe in a low mileage old car is genuine again - unless it's a Lotus of course, Lotus owners are always honest :whistle:.

12 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Now you know just how hard it is to get to the speedo cable behind the dash

If you had a V8 you would know how easy it is - just a few screws and hey presto. Bugger shouldn't have said that, anyway how would I know - :getmecoat:

• Gold FFM

On the new dash?  You'd have to be some kind of cockwomble to break the screen!

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

17 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Which is fine to check mot history - but it’s very simple to “service” the car in this way prior to mot mileage entry on the computer.

Exactly

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

14 hours ago, march said:

I am not sure I will ever believe in a low mileage old car is genuine again - unless it's a Lotus of course, Lotus owners are always honest :whistle:.

th_AnimatedBravoSmiley.gif

Sure, they are........oops.gif..............smilie-Greis.gif...........smilie_happy_251.gif

imgp1461k2ewbq0z5y.jpg

imgp1459zm675gcxyv.jpg

imgp1464lctbr6po2x.jpg

Edited by rudolphwolven