free hit
counters
Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses... - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
pete757

Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses...

Hi Guys,

My original OEM brake hoses are quite corroded at the interface with the calliper. I was hoping to now replace these with S/S braided hoses (Goodridge?) as per the offerings for the Elise/Exige.

Does anyone on here now who offers these, sells these, makes these for us Evora owners who want to replace OEM with S/S braided?

Cheers,

Pete. :>) 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Seems strange as the Evora came/comes with Goodridge S/S braided brake lines as standard. Have yours been replaced previously for some reason? Do you have photo showing the corrosion? 

Hi guys,

Further to the above, indeed the Evora has S/S braided lines, but the end fittings are in plated steel, and mine are rusted and ugly! The standard 'black rubber' outer looks pretty average as well!

Anyway, having had no luck sourcing a supplier of a full S/S set, much like is readily available for the Elise/Exige, I approached 'Elise Parts' about adding them to their line-up. Ian was quickly on the case, and now 4 weeks later, they have produced a direct replacement of 'plug and play' brake lines manufactured by Goodridge in FULL stainless steel. :thumbsup:  The hoses are also covered with a protective plastic covering to protect from stones etc.

https://www.eliseparts.com/products/show/23/2400/evora-stainless-steel-brake-hoses/

Very pleased with the result and as always, very impressed with Elise Parts for taking up this opportunity to now supply all Evora owners with a great looking and non corroding replacement for OEM. Especially if you are also upgrading your callipers as well!

Cheers,

Pete :)

• Like 2