free hit
counters
flashing hazards steady indicators - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

The hazards flash just right but the indicators,  which were slow,  now stay lit.

Is this going  to be a stalk switch problem? (I guess most of the circuit is shared) If so where to start cleaning the contacts?

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Are the hazards and the indicators on the same relay? (I suspect not...). I would start with the relay as the switch isn't effectively turning the lights on and off to create the flash. Failing that I would look at earth supply. Try running an independent wire to the switch which runs to earth somewhere (even to the neg terminal on the battery as a test).

Hope that helps

Ant

Thanks I'll try that. the manual shows shared L&R "flasher units"  so I wondered if a poor connection at the stalk switch could drop the voltage while the hazard rocker switch connections are cleaner.

How do I get at the switch connections on the stalk? Or is the stalk assembly an easily available replacement and so worth swapping out?

2018-03-07 18.42.56.jpg

https://www.sjsportscars.com/parts-and-accessories/SJ075M0002.htm

picture included which might help determine if you can get to stuff to clean it OK.

indicator stalk/switch Lucas 119SA 30493 also from Triumph spitfire  (1977 - 1980), Stag mk1

seems to compare with Rimmer Brothers prices

Tom,

Fit a new indicator arm, after that I'd go for the hazard relays, just swop them over to start with a see if there is a change of state.

John

Had the same on that awful red 521.

Cleaned up all the earth points and it ticked away quite happily.