free hit
counters
Nmeg May Hoon - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Nmeg May Hoon

Backmarker

NMEG's next venture is the hoon over to Oxford on Sunday the 13th May.

Please see LEW news( http://www.lotusespritworld.co.uk/news.html ) for more information on timings and prices.

The plan (just hatched and therefore open to change by you lot if you shout) is to have 2 meeting places as per last year.

For the more Northerly members of our little flight, I suggest Hilton Park Services on the M6 at 7.45am.

From there we'll travel down to the M5 and pick up the likes of the Kidderminster2 and Nicksoldies and others at Frankley Services at about 8.00am. If one of the Hilton Park crew has a passanger then that passanger will call Nick or A.N. Other as we near Frankley and the Frankley crew can then tag along as we pass by (worked a treat last year).

Then its M42/M40 to jct 9 and finally A34 to Pear Tree Services(PTS) to meet up with the others. Traffic permitting we should be PTS by about 9.15am.

We're then in the hands of Dermot & Co. until the return journey.

Please add your names to this post if you're joining us. Don't forget you need to make a payment to LEW for this event. That payment includes lunch and refreshments as well as the speakers so it's well worth it.

As you all know, there is no payment required to fly with NMEG "the formidable squadron"

See you all there,

Graham.

Edited by Backmarker

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will meet at Hilton Park, booked with LEW days ago, what will you be driving Graham? or do you need a lift?

timing seem a little tight Graham, microsoft auto route say 1 hour 8 mins and thats not allowing for fuel stop en route

Edited by esprit350

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Dave,

I'd have thought Frankley services for you on the M5. If this is a problem then let me know.

Howard,

Microsoft is an American product and doesn't understand English roads, English cars and English speed limits. :thumbup:

According to my road map its 60 miles of motorway from Frankley to PTS (incuding A34 dual carriageway) so why can't we do that in an hour? If people want a petrol stop we could bring the times forward by 15 mins. So that's 7.45am at Hilton Park and 8am at Frankley. :thumbup:

Not sure whether I'll be a passenger or driver yet. Plan is to pick up the V8 on the 2nd May but other dates have come and gone so who knows :crybaby:

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

7 .45 it is then, microsoft shows it as 84.4 miles

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

If there's any others going from the North West, we could meet at Knutsford or Sandbach Services on the M6 at 6:30. I guess Sandbach would be better for Alex (are you going?)

I've allowed extra for the long stretch with SPECS cameras at 40mph on this section. Is it still there?

More speed, less haste

Note: I've now changed the times in the original post.

Graham.

If there's any others going from the North West, we could meet at Knutsford or Sandbach Services on the M6 at 6:30. I guess Sandbach would be better for Alex (are you going?)

I've allowed extra for the long stretch with SPECS cameras at 40mph on this section. Is it still there?

Hi all,

I am coming, for the oxford hoon. There is still the road works down the M6 somewhere between J15 and J12 i think with those averaging spped cameras. 6.30 might be a bit early, let me think about it.

Cheers

Alex

I have paid up, so should be there one way or another, Honda is working fine now - Loti however, is not :thumbup:

the new cambelt and aux belts are fitted, we have to set the timing up now.

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Chaps - just a thought.. it it was me, I'd come off the M40 at J13 (leamington) and come down via the B4100 (past gaydon) through banbury then A4260 all the way thru kidlington then on to pear tree. If you're early on Sun morning this road will be virtually empty so won't take much longer than the motorway route, and its a LOT more fun than M40 A34..

just my 02p

Rob.

Thanks for the suggestion Rob,

what does everyone think?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

have counted 4 gatso's and 7 mobile positions on the non m/way route, this is 12 month old data so could possibly be twice as many now :thumbup:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Just exactly who do you work for Rob?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

oh ffs.. guys - this is oxfordshire..! there are cameras all over the place :thumbup:

the gatsos are all painted yellow and from memory they're not on the fast open stretches, two are in the 30 zone on kidlington high street, one is up by banbury in a 50 but faces north, the other is in banbury, again facing north and in a 30 zone.. i've used those roads lots over the last 10 yrs and have only seen one mobile unit.

Folks,

Heard today that we should be joined by Adrian (gasmangt3)(the other half of the Kidderminster Duo), Simon and Ian Heighway.

Nick (nicksoldies) can't make it and David (blue V8) is doubtful.

Looks like being a good turn out.

Graham.

Think I may be doubtful too - Car is in at the moment - they are going to investigate further but probably a bearing failing somewhere. They are going to take the auxillary belts off and see if it is the water pump, alternator etc. If not then it's an engine out job and there are already 2 V8's in having the engines rebuilt so I would be in a queue.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

Dave,

Fingers crossed mate :D

Graham.

Update:

Engine out job :crybaby: Looks like the idler bearings. Fortunately it may not take as long as they thought but it will certainly lighten the wallet a bit :D

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

ouch dave, what are the idler bearings?

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Dave, is that the noise i said i heard on the last run ? :D

I think it could well be. After that meet I went out again a few days later and started to hear the noise so it could well be that you heard it.

ouch dave, what are the idler bearings?

Not totally sure :D but they are something to do with the cam belts and taking up slack when running at different speeds.

Once the engine is out they will tell me more - I may opt to have the belts changed while the engine is out.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350