free hit
counters
Power for active subwoofer - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi, anyone fitted an active sub ? If so where did you route the power too?

Many thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Speaking only for myself, from the passenger footwell there is a large cable bundle that goes through a rubber gland seal up into the front access panel area, and the jump lead connections there. I then took a supply from there, with an inline blade fuse holder. Obviously, you have to run an earth wire as well as power. I didn't want to splice into the audio loom for earth, so I took both lines from the jump terminals. Switched power comes from the head unit loom though.

I took power from the main junction box which is located in the dash just under the left hand speaker. This feeds the jump post and fuse box etc AFAIK. This feed IS not fused so make sure you use a fuse, I know the Pioneer amp comes with one for each the main and switched power.

of course you must disconnect the battery when doing this as it would be very easy to short to the chassis. Also it helps if you double jointed ;) 

here is a rubbish picture I took, it’s a black box and is unclipped from the bottom then you can use a ring connector and add another bolt on to the post. If that makes any sense but sure it will if you look at it :) 

A74FB09E-3613-4055-A0BB-724B241A8084.thumb.jpeg.d3099921a8d7266794b24a81f23eb674.jpeg

Cool, thanks all for the advice, will take a look :geek:

I took the power from the 12V between the seats ...