free hit
counters
Where is it now? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Trunnion 74

Where is it now?

Is anyone here restoring this car, or know of it's whereabouts??

5aa199f5cebd4_Screenshot-2018-3-8CheckifavehicleistaxedandhasanMOT.png.3c379eefc9c6730894cea497a3d452c1.png

An S2 Esprit.  First registered in 1981 and last seen on the road in 1989. 

Get in touch if you do.

Roland

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

1981 ? So that must have been an S2.2 ?

You don't have a serial number of the car ?

Sadly, no.  I have just aquired a photo of the car from the original owner.

Probably no help at all, but I looked at a bronze one with black interior in the midlands back in 1993, while looking for my S3. Lovely outside, but v claustrophobic inside in the dark garage.

it had been off the road for a couple of years iirc due to engine/'box issues.

if you ever find it, this may be useful building up a picture. Does the 1st owner know where/when it went?

Cant have been that many bronze cars ever made, surely?

Untaxed since '89 and no MoT detail - Afraid to say its probably in the big car park in the sky

I looked at a bronze S2 Esprit with white leather interior that was being sold by Derek Dean in Ruislip. When I saw the It must have been about 1988/89.  Inside was very damp as I recall. For those who don't know him he was a larger than life character who had connections with the factory and used to sell Lotus cars in addition to run of the mill stuff.

Derek is in Brisbane now and still holds a lotus meet with the clubs out there. He has a massive knowledge of lotus from Esprits backwards . Larger than life sums him up very well 

Derek Dean, wow a name from the past.

I remember he had a massive discount sale at his yard and I bought a Europa 5-speed box in bits. A few days after the sale his yard caught fire.

Yes - changing the subject slightly but I remember him primarily for him having bought the last sets of Goodyear NCT's off the factory once G car production had finished. He charged me £300 quid for a single rear - must've made a packet! Probably financed his trip down-under then! He was always at the Lotus show at Donnington.

Edited by nello

this is 10955 engine CC912801219004

3 hours ago, LJR said:

this is 10955 engine CC912801219004

Hi Lucas,  I presume you are refering to AKC 855X. Do you know if it is still around? 

Roland

no I'm afraid I don't but judging by the fact it was on its 6th owner by 1987 I would guess its either been in someone's shed a very long time or it is no more.