Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pop up ads obscuring posts - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Pop up ads obscuring posts

Solstice

Just recently I've started to get pop up ads appearing that obscure content, these appear to be placed through google and there is an option to delete, when you do this the ad disappears but I can still not read the obscured content, only happens on TLF, any ideas?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

iPhone 7, iOS11.2.2

”another college shooting in the USA” thread

CC25773F-9BFA-4002-80FD-74B5D25487C8.thumb.png.2e2ac2d4ae9452f845225b9f11b0d9c2.png

And after I close the ad.... still can’t read post

C330116A-07AA-43A6-8161-7D03153C9433.png

• Gold FFM

I had the same thing the other day though not on TLF. I got it on a newspaper website. Can't remember which one.

Could this be something that Google have done?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

6 hours ago, ramjet said:

Could this be something that Google have done?

I bought a cheapo Android phone to control/view the CCTV I installed in my Mum's house. Worked fine for a month or so, then started popping up random ads all over the place. Very annoying when I was using it as a sat nav to compare with my current phone. 

• 2 weeks later...

As above - I have had problems today too, on both iPhone and android tablet. Issues restricted to this site only. Getting a bit frustrating now.

Pay ya subs.

issue fixed.

christ you probably spend more money on coffees. :lol:

• Like 1

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Being a full forum member without question has its benefits.

Not all of them obvious - but the assistance and support the community gives here is very real  👍

• Like 1

Only here once

Solstice is getting random ads (world cup tickets? No thanks!) obscuring posts again, any ideas where they are coming from? It doesn't happen on any other sites

Sorry, the TLF Emergency Response Team was down the pub last night. We'll look into it when we're back at work next week, time allowing :)

It's not top of the list as paying £2/month stops it and benefits the site and yourself, but I will look at the code and see why the ads are obscuring posts as they aren't meant to. 

We have just signed a new £7k over 24 months hardware deal for the server btw, as I mentioned before the internet isn't free which is why free accounts have to view a lot of ads. Paid members see the sponsor ads only, all of which are Lotus specific so useful, as opposed to the Google ads which are based on your internet history.

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
57 minutes ago, Solstice said:

Thanks, I hadn't realised there was a subscription option.

Think you can get a provenance certificate and a detailing kit for gold !! Well worth it just for that 👍

I had a lot of Thai dating adverts pop up ages ago - they looked real nice 😂

Only here once

• 4 weeks later...

And now my laptop's gone the same way (either using Chrome or Internet Explorer), so all my devices (iPhone, iPad & laptop) are now hampered with ads obscuring typically 3 posts per page. I know I am only on Basic Account terms and have no issue with seeing the ads between posts, but surely @Bibs something must be awry if people's posts cannot be read? Do I need to change some settings for example?

• 6 months later...

Pay... Simples.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel