free hit
counters
Pop up ads obscuring posts - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Solstice

Pop up ads obscuring posts

Just recently I've started to get pop up ads appearing that obscure content, these appear to be placed through google and there is an option to delete, when you do this the ad disappears but I can still not read the obscured content, only happens on TLF, any ideas?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Can you take a screenshot please mate?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I have been getting the same. Will take a sceen shot next time.

iPhone 7, iOS11.2.2

”another college shooting in the USA” thread

CC25773F-9BFA-4002-80FD-74B5D25487C8.thumb.png.2e2ac2d4ae9452f845225b9f11b0d9c2.png

And after I close the ad.... still can’t read post

C330116A-07AA-43A6-8161-7D03153C9433.png

Thanks. I was dicking around with the ads yesterday so probably broke something. I'll get that fixed ASAP :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

I’ve been getting it for a few days now @Bibs, so not something you’ve broken in the last 24hrs.

Good to know, thanks. I'll have a look into why it's happening, it shouldn't be! 

Evora NA

I had the same thing the other day though not on TLF. I got it on a newspaper website. Can't remember which one.

Could this be something that Google have done?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

6 hours ago, ramjet said:

Could this be something that Google have done?

I bought a cheapo Android phone to control/view the CCTV I installed in my Mum's house. Worked fine for a month or so, then started popping up random ads all over the place. Very annoying when I was using it as a sat nav to compare with my current phone. 

I'm getting random ads (world cup tickets? No thanks!) obscuring posts again, any ideas where they are coming from? It doesn't happen on any other sites.

As above - I have had problems today too, on both iPhone and android tablet. Issues restricted to this site only. Getting a bit frustrating now.

Pay ya subs.

issue fixed.

christ you probably spend more money on coffees. :lol:

• Like 1

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Got to say I agree Lee i hate paying every invoice ever but the £20 a year for this place is actually a pleasure. 

Being a full forum member without question has its benefits.

Not all of them obvious - but the assistance and support the community gives here is very real  👍

• Like 1

Only here once

I'm getting random ads (world cup tickets? No thanks!) obscuring posts again, any ideas where they are coming from? It doesn't happen on any other sites.

Solstice is getting random ads (world cup tickets? No thanks!) obscuring posts again, any ideas where they are coming from? It doesn't happen on any other sites

Sorry, the TLF Emergency Response Team was down the pub last night. We'll look into it when we're back at work next week, time allowing :)

It's not top of the list as paying £2/month stops it and benefits the site and yourself, but I will look at the code and see why the ads are obscuring posts as they aren't meant to. 

We have just signed a new £7k over 24 months hardware deal for the server btw, as I mentioned before the internet isn't free which is why free accounts have to view a lot of ads. Paid members see the sponsor ads only, all of which are Lotus specific so useful, as opposed to the Google ads which are based on your internet history.

• Like 2

Evora NA

57 minutes ago, Solstice said:

Thanks, I hadn't realised there was a subscription option.

Think you can get a provenance certificate and a detailing kit for gold !! Well worth it just for that 👍

I had a lot of Thai dating adverts pop up ages ago - they looked real nice 😂

Only here once

And now my laptop's gone the same way (either using Chrome or Internet Explorer), so all my devices (iPhone, iPad & laptop) are now hampered with ads obscuring typically 3 posts per page. I know I am only on Basic Account terms and have no issue with seeing the ads between posts, but surely @Bibs something must be awry if people's posts cannot be read? Do I need to change some settings for example?

Pay... Simples.

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel