free hit
counters
100% original 1978 Lotus Esprit S2. Need reccommisioning - Lotusforsale.com - Latest Ads - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lotusforsale.com

100% original 1978 Lotus Esprit S2. Need reccommisioning

You are being offered my 1978 Lotus Esprit S2. I have only just imported this car into the UK from the USA. I have already paid ALL the import fees – deferment, vat etc and the car has the all important NOVA clearance from HMRC. It also has a Certificate of Provenance from Lotus.
It just need registering with the DVLA which cannot be done until it gets an MOT.
The car is Left Hand Drive and was exported to California in the USA in 1978/79.
It was purchased by a leasing company and had regular services up to 25000 miles. The service/owners handbook is included which shows this. After this it was purchased by a gentleman in New Jersey as a gift for his son, who subsequently gave it to his son. The car has not been driven for approx. 30 years and will need a full recommission. 
If you type in “1979 Lotus Esprit S2” into youtube and scroll down about 4 or 5 entries, under Kurt Tanner (the garage I purchased it off in the States),[picture of the oil gauge] you can see it running. Braver than me I wouldn’t run it until I had changed the cam belt!
As I said previously this car is 100% original — paintwork, Blaupunkt radio/cassette, Lotus alloy wheels, leather seats, even the fuses are Lucas originals (apart from 1)! It is a matching numbers car. i.e. the engine number and Vin number are correct for the car and have not been replaced.
It comes with the correct Lotus Speedline wheels and the spare has never been used and is shod with the original tyre. However I would suggest that all the tyres be replaced for safety.
There is also the original jack and handle, a partial toolkit, the original catalytic convertor(for the California market), and although a high torque starter motor has been fitted the original is also included.
The bodywork has the original paint and Lotus factory pinstriping. The paintwork is showing some age in the form of chips, scratches and some typical stress lines but overall not bad for a 40 year old car. Odometer shows 48000.+ and is believed genuine.
Underneath, the chassis seems solid enough although there is a fair bit of rust to the brake discs, fans etc etc as you might expect.  Fuel system and brakes will obviously need overhauling. 
Inside, the seats are in good condition – no rips tears and the stitching is sound. Headlining need replacing and some of the carpet also need replacing, or if you intend to keep it as original as possible, repairing. If the buyer would like them, I will supply all the shipping and transport documents as part of the cars ‘history’. I also have photos taken by the shipper which may be of interest.(and of the container ship it was transported in!)
The only reason I am selling this car is that I really wanted a S1 which seemed out of reach price wise. However I have now been offered one at a decent price but need to sell the S2 to finance the purchase. If it doesn’t sell, then I will just keep it and recommission it myself as I original intended.
The car is located in Kirkham, Lancashire (near Preston) and I strongly suggest you phone to arrange to view it before bidding.
I have many more photos available. If you require any more information please phone me on 07941 612428.

The post 100% original 1978 Lotus Esprit S2. Need reccommisioning appeared first on lotusforsale.com.

Click to view item

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi all Just to let you know Ive just put my Esprit S2 for sale  on various sites including this ne in the classified section.

Didn't realise you were so close by, I only live in Poulton!