free hit
counters
Stock exhaust diameter for 2000 Esprit - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
melman

Stock exhaust diameter for 2000 Esprit

I’m looking to switch out the exhaust clamps on a 2000 Esprit. The stock ones are just not the best design. Thinking of switching them out with one off a porsche 964.  Thoughts? Thanks

33776B52-C326-4284-97AF-46F616473AC1.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Use whatever clamps it up best for your application.

if it’s the tail pipes on a V8 - they are a pig to keep straight and level if they go straight out

Thanks Barry. I think the clamp shown will fit the connection from cat to the muffler perfect 

Gotta be worth a try chap - the u clamps ain’t the best

If you do this can you let us know how successful they are as the clamps on mine are forever leaking. At the moment I just bash them about a bit and refit as I am very reluctant to the pay the prices Lotus want for the fittings.

Will do guys. I have priced the Lotus one at  about $100. So these will quite a savings if the work.  It’s for my brother car. We have had numerous Porsche 911s. This clamp is a fantastic simple design that I think will work. The car is at my house currently and he received the clamps yesterday. So I should have an answer mid week if they work. I’ll include some pictures to ?

• Like 1

Won’t work. To large. Let me ask this question. When the car is under load when it’s backing up or moving forward. Vibration is causing a rattle from the back. I suspect it’s the exhaust is rattled by because the clamp is not a good fit. Any other thought on where the rattle is coming from? Thanks