free hit
counters
Rolling road tuning/carburettor etc - Fuel System/Carbs - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DarrenespritS3

Rolling road tuning/carburettor etc

Hello everyone.  

First off apologies, not been about for a while so sorry about that. Spent 2 years with my Esprit off the road with an engine rebuild but she’s back and better than ever. Still normally aspirated but now running equivalent turbo horsepower with a beautifully modified engine. She did 211 bhp on the dyno. Done 700 Miles in her the back end off last year and up to now.  Just feels like she needs a rolling road tuning session to iron out a few little creases. Nothing bad at all just some slight hesitation on light throttle and idling issues. Can anyone recommend a good rolling road tuner who’s preferably good with dellortos in the midlands area? 

Many thanks. 

Darren ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Darren 

Aldon Auto are around the corner to me , but I travel to Northampton M/Sport..   Need I say more ... You will get exactly what you need with accurate dyno data by very professional people..  They are expert in all Dellorto/Webber set ups , and can work with a variety of ignition systems..   Ask for Troy, Chris, Steve,  on 01604 766624...  Use me as a reference  ..

Dave. 

PS they are used to tuned 900 series engines 

• Like 1

Hey guys. 

Thanks John and Dave. From your message Dave it sounds like Northampton M/sport are the people to try? I’ve invested a lot of time and money into my Esprit and need to know that she’ll be going to people with the correct knowledge and understanding of a modified, carburettored 900 series. And above all people I can trust too. I’m very protective of her lol. There’s not to much wrong, just ironing out some creases so to speak.  

I appreciate your advice and I’ll give them a call to arrange something. 

Many thanks

Darren. ??

Sound interesting Darren,

Who did your engine upgrade and what made you do it?

Hello Simon 

i had two cam followers fail which resulted in damaged valve gear so I decided to have the whole engine rebuilt and modified at the same time. A wonderful gent called Martin Shirley did the rebuild and he is a master of his craft. His knowledge of lotus 900 series engines is unbelievable. He builds engines to order and speck from mild road engines to full race and rally speck. Only does is as a sort of hobby really. But my word he’s good. Mine did 211bhp on the dyno. It’s a peach. A normally aspirated S3 with turbo equaling power. Beautiful power delivery right through the Rev range.