free hit
counters
(not) seb delaney car for sale - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
pete

(not) seb delaney car for sale

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Negative. This is a new car. Sebs was LHD too.

yes seemed strange to mention  seb delaney

Especially when the Delaney car has remained unsold for months. Hardly a great endorsement. 

I do know anything but I think it looks ace!

buddsy

If it's not his car, that's misdescribed, not very clever for a main dealer. They could get in hot water if a purchaser was misinformed. 

17 minutes ago, Bibs said:

If it's not his car, that's misdescribed, not very clever for a main dealer. They could get in hot water if a purchaser was misinformed. 

Central Lotus worked with Lotus Cars PLC and Seb himself to spec his car.. Regarding this car in question this is as described the JAMES Bond edition, not Seb Delanney's car, which is of course a 380...

Nicely edited ad, it definitely said Seb Delaney earlier.

25 minutes ago, Connor - Central Lotus said:

Central Lotus worked with Lotus Cars PLC and Seb himself to spec his car.. Regarding this car in question this is as described the JAMES Bond edition, not Seb Delanney's car, which is of course a 380...

Says Seb Delanney in the advert, looks to say Seb Delanney's car unless you look very close...Very naughty if you ask me.

Seb Delanney car.jpg

buddsy

3 hours ago, Connor - Central Lotus said:

Regarding this car in question this is as described the JAMES Bond edition, not Seb Delanney's car,

Now. As per Buddsy's screenshot and Cocopops comments, it was without doubt advertised as a 'Seb Delanney car' earlier today. 

Glad we were able to help get the ad correct Connor, everyone's a winner :)

• Like 1

Yes that advert had been up for weeks (months?) with that Seb Delanney wording. Odd move.

I must be going blind. I have just read the ad several times and I can't see the reference to Mr. Delaney.

Maybe worth reading the thread several times; all will become clear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is that’s the one that was at Brooklands a couple of years ago for the international day?

10 minutes ago, ramjet said:

I must be going blind. I have just read the ad several times and I can't see the reference to Mr. Delaney.

The dealer edited the ad after seeing this thread. 

Seb Delany? Never heard of him.

And what makes the car a James Bond special? I don't see any machine guns. Or are they hidden behind the number plate?

Personally I think that's a fantastic paint scheme but it's the sort of thing that someone has to really want and be willing to pay the premium for - so I'm not sure why a dealer would order it as a stock car!

As soon as it said Seb Delanney I immediately thought that it must annoy the fuck out of you every time you start the car; that is probably one of the worst "celebrity" endorsements you could advertise. 

Looking at 350 prices now, very happy I got mine when i did, last of the good old lotus discounts. Thats lower spec and £10k more than i paid!

Guess that is why 2nd hand cars have risen slightly recently....

10 hours ago, Bibs said:

Now. As per Buddsy's screenshot and Cocopops comments, it was without doubt advertised as a 'Seb Delanney car' earlier today. 

Glad we were able to help get the ad correct Connor, everyone's a winner :)

This car was ordered at the same time as Seb's, we ordered one for him (a sport 380) and we ordered a 350 for stock, in the same colour combination. What is meant when it said 'seb Delanney car' was it is a seb Delanney spec car (not his actual car). I can this has caused some confusion, which is why the ad has been changed, but let me reassure you guys that this was never advertised to be his actual car, just his spec. This car has been advertised long before he decided to sell his car. :thumbup:

I'm with Chillidoggy, I had to google the name, have a few moments of doubt that it had pulled up the right person, and then go "Oh a Youtube person, so nobody special".

And I’m still in the dark as to where the James Bond connection comes in.

Because of this (very brief) appearance:

James_Bond_Lotus_Espirit_Turbo_1980_larg