free hit
counters
400 track pressures - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Guys, I'm out in the Evora for the first time at Silverstone on Monday, it's on Michelin super sports, any advice on pressures?

thanks

Gareth

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Aim to have the tyres hot at whatever the manual suggests you have them cold. (Is it 1.8 & 2.0bar for the PSS?)

This might seem slightly counter intuitive but it seems to work for most road based tyres on track. 

cold for MPSS on the 400 is 2.0 front and 2.2 rear.  Keep an eye on the pressures... you really don't want them going above 2.4 and 2.6 when hot.  If they do, bleed some air out as soon as you come off track.  This means taking a tyre pressure valve with you, and also a pump to top them back up when you are heading home.  It looks like monday will be quite a cold though, that should help keep your pressures down.

Thanks guys, another quickie, is a tow hook required?

It is, by all TDO's in my experience. A little gotcha, certainly on my Evora is that it's a reverse thread! Had me foxed for quite some time!! 

28 minutes ago, Bibs said:

It is, by all TDO's in my experience. A little gotcha, certainly on my Evora is that it's a reverse thread! Had me foxed for quite some time!! 

Lol.

The mpss heat up really quickly and do not like running hot ( get very slippy) Check the pressures frequently if you do a lot of laps, especially in the am from a relatively cold drive to track.

21 hours ago, Bibs said:

This had me f-ing and blinding the first time.  Also, why lotus didnt design the 400 grill with a hole in it for the toeing eye is beyond me... Fun and games nonetheless!