free hit
counters
I'm done with Lotus - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Deuteronomy316

I'm done with Lotus

23 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

@Bibs for PM and US President!!

Seconded. First thing he should do is order a wall to be built around Stuttgart with no openings.  

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yup - I suppose you have to have something to store your rubbish in and remind you what a REAL sports car drives and feels like  :devil:

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

you're right, I really should get rid of that 1988 Peugeot Racer... keep it for sentimental reasons as it was my first proper bike:P

Excellent progression. Thanks for taking the time to post a very comprehensive reply.

This is a true commitment by Lotus to stand by their product, as not only should they do, but also to engage and ensure future potential owners away from the decades old meaning of 'L.O.T.U.S'.

At the end of the day, the product is great, and getting better every day. But there will always be a 'unit' that, for some reason, does not perform as expected. The way this is dealt with is paramount. That so called 'Service Recovery' will go a long way to ensure the future expansion and success of the marque.

Please keep this post on the 'boil' with developments. :)

On 16.3.2018 at 15:01, DJW said:

Saying that, my aircon did pack up at 12  months old , but was repaired in an afternoon under warranty.  Front clam off job. 

Very interesting ... my Aircon also gave up a little more than 12 months in... 

8 hours ago, LF1 said:

You know he drives a VW right?

8 hours ago, Bibs said:

Said the man with the bright red Cayman :lol:

Ooo. Fight! Fight! Fight! :D 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

My monies on the smoggy vw. The Porsches engine will give out before tge fight is over.

@Deuteronomy316 maybe an upgrade to full member or gold membership would be a good way to thank @Bibs

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

13 hours ago, auRouge said:

you're right, I really should get rid of that 1988 Peugeot Racer... keep it for sentimental reasons as it was my first proper bike:P

And still more desirable than the porker!  Haha...

I still have my 80's revolutionary Vitus 979 with Campag S record bike. Won my first road race on it and same spec as my hero Sean Kelly. Still better than that porker!    

I know. I need treatment for my hatred of modern Porkers....

@C8RKH Andy, I'd be more concerned about the treatment you'd need after a session on your bike, :P .

• Haha 1

It would bankrupt our local NHS Trust.....

• Haha 1

Nurse: "I'm very sorry sir, but your private health care doesn't cover that."

C8RKH : "Well what am I supposed to do then?"

Nurse: "You could try putting a lot of ice in one of those inflatable drink holders for swimming pools and sitting on that sir."

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Great result....

On 3/20/2018 at 17:05, pete said:

@Deuteronomy316 maybe an upgrade to full member or gold membership would be a good way to thank @Bibs

You beat me to the punch. I was thinking the exact same. I'll get the full membership for now. Perhaps upgrade to gold when I actually get my car. Unfortunately, I was getting loads of error code while trying to upgrade my account and unable to finish while being ushered off my phone on the plane. I'll give it another try.

Loving the friendly sparring match. I can definitely count on TLF members to give me few laughs 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2018 at 02:27, LF1 said:

All this @Bibs love is making me gag on my cornflakes though. You know he drives a VW right?

His WRX is listed first.  But does the Evora have a bumper sticker that says "My other car is a WRX"?

Edited by snowrx

On 3/23/2018 at 00:50, Deuteronomy316 said:

You beat me to the punch. I was thinking the exact same. I'll get the full membership for now. Perhaps upgrade to gold when I actually get my car. Unfortunately, I was getting loads of error code while trying to upgrade my account and unable to finish while being ushered off my phone on the plane. I'll give it another try.

Loving the friendly sparring match. I can definitely count on TLF members to give me few laughs 

Well done Jim. :clap: You have beat a lot of others to being an FFM and you have been here for far less of a time.

As for me, I am now looking forward to hopefully hearing about some great drives with plenty of photos. :) 

I don't know how i didn't see this thread until now. I know very well unfortunately how incompetent Park Place Dallas is when it comes to warranty service. I've also dealt with Cody H and have had similar experiences with both him and Park Place as a whole. I had hoped that when they moved from Plano to Dallas things would get better, but alas they did not.

The silver lining is that Lotus USA did make things right when I escalated to them (David Simkin and Brian Shepherd), and although it did take a bit of time to get parts, David/Brian @ Lotus USA made sure that things ended well for me with my car. 

It's really a shame that bad apple dealers ruin the owner experience for these cars, because the cars themselves are truly incredible (which is my I bought a 400 to replace my '12 S). Thankfully, as of a few weeks ago, Park Place Dallas is no longer a Lotus dealer. Crossing my fingers that they'll open up an independent service shop in town to handle warranty work so DFW owners have somewhere to go. 

On 17/06/2019 at 13:57, ncitrdude said:

Thankfully, as of a few weeks ago, Park Place Dallas is no longer a Lotus dealer. Crossing my fingers that they'll open up an independent service shop in town to handle warranty work so DFW owners have somewhere to go

Though I hope different people set this up, not the people at Park Place Dallas.

Dallas is a big market, Lotus is looking at the (re)deployement of its dealers, they are looking at options to densify their market presence, including tie ups with dealerships of the overarching group, funnily enough Park Place is also a Volvo dealer, but there are other in the area... There will be a new dealer for the Dallas area announced before 2020. 

On 04/07/2019 at 02:37, Techyd said:

Though I hope different people set this up, not the people at Park Place Dallas.

Sports Car World (aka Regogo Racing) is set up to service vehicles and has been authorized on a case-by case basis to perform warranty work.

I am a Dallas Lotus owner and want to add my experience to this story. Similar in some ways to the OP and dis-similar in other ways. 

I bought a used 2017 Evora 400 from Park Place Dallas. Bought it in October of 2018, and owned it till February 2019, and during that time, it sat in the shop at Park Place for 13 weeks total. Among several, several, several issues I had, the main issue that the car went back in multiple times for was IPS tranny freezing with error codes when shifting from R to D. Every time car went in to Park Place, it would take them weeks to look at it and all they would do is reflash the software and send it back without applying a modicum of common sense or diagnostics. The Lotus tech at PP did not strike me as very competent, and even worse, couldn't give a rat's ass about customer frustrations. The last time it happened to my pregnant wife who was driving it, I lost it and threatened to sue Lotus if they didn't fix it right. 

This is where my story diverges from OP's. I too got a call from Brian Shepherd head of warranty and Ryan the head of Lotus North America. Both were woefully mis-informed and unprepared with the specifics of my case and Ryan in particular started the conversation aggressively by threatening to void my warranty. After tempers flew, they calmed down and finally agreed to replace the range position sensor and actuator motor - both according to Lotus's own technical documentation as known faults for the issue I was having. Yes, Ryan did offer to send folks from Lotus to my house to try and replicate the problem. Why they won't read their own service records that showed that the problem occurred 6 times between the previous owner and me is beyond me, and why they would talk down to a customer who is having repeated problems is also beyond me. As someone who works in financial services and deals with business models all day, what is amazing is how Lotus thinks its cheaper to put the head of the company and the head of their warranty on the phone to fight and push back on $1200 warranty claims instead of actually fixing the damn problem. Makes you wonder how smart the management of the company is and their understanding of basic economics. 

Wait, the horror story doesn't end there. The day PP was pulling the car into the service bay to replace the parts that were flown in, the damn car stalled again with the same issue. It then took 3 more weeks of them sending fault logs to Hethel and no conclusive findings. The Hethel factory techs acted like a bunch of amateurs. They don't work on Fridays, don't respond with enough detail to PP and generally couldn't be bothered to show any sign of urgency to help a customer whose car had been in the shop for months by that time. All PP got back eventually was "tell customer to put car on tender and to ensure battery voltage is stable" I found that very insulting. 

At this point, PP's GM stepped in and bought my car back. This was the second Evora 400 that PP bought back to make it right to their customer that year alone. The GM said they were having discussions about dropping Lotus and them signing Lotus earlier was itself after significant hesitation on his part. Interestingly, PP's GM asked me not to tell Lotus that PP was buying the car back as they were afraid Lotus wouldn't honor warranty claim on the car if they found that the car had been traded in. Leads you to believe you are dealing with a completely shady manufacturing outfit. 

Bottom line - Both Lotus and PP are to blame. Lotus more so as PP eventually stood by me and got my back and Lotus did not. My car was built by Joe Richards and was a complete and utter piece of shit that showed British build quality in the worst possible light (interior was rusting, seats were falling apart, tranny was a joke, alcantara felt second rate, panel gaps were horrific, nearly every part was backordered 6 weeks or more, and overall, the level of incompetence in build quality was staggering). A reputable manufacturer shouldn't nickel and dime a customer who bought a $110k car, and never ever talk down to the customer. Boutique brands need very strong loyalty to survive and extra care when dealing with customers who have repeated issues. 

Geely, if you are listening, straighten this out. 

Edited by xxaarraa

sounds shambolic and highlights the quantum improvements the company and it's dealers need to make