free hit
counters
1984 S3 Turbo Esprit for restoration - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Dan E

1984 S3 Turbo Esprit for restoration

Chaps, 

how these things go I have never been offered an Esprit in my life, then I get two in a month. So let me tell you I tried and I mean really tried to sell this to @Barrykearley but he keeps coming up with something called divorce as an excuse 😂

so the back story, was on a stag do in Vegas and got talking to my wife’s cousins best mate ( I know) he is a car sprayer and they work on predominantly classic Aston’s. So he tells me his business partner has a 1984 TE he has no time to restore. 

So spoke to the chap today, he has had 3no Esprits and currently owns a few cars including a Diablo. 

To the car and I haven’t seen this but these are the facts, it’s 1984 TE, engine, which is a later HC, this has been completely rebuilt and is crated, and comes with  guarantee, 2no gearboxes and a load of spares. It is red with, black half leather, seats are good but it needs new paint and a retrim, it is a rolling chassis but take it that this is as a full resto, he is adamant that it can’t be broken for spares and I tend to agree with that. 

I am awaiting pictures as it is in storage. So it’s out there for someone I know the figure he needs to get to and it is cheap in my opinion. 

Anyone up for this he is the 3rd owner. 

Dan E 

sorry meant to say it doesn’t have a windscreen 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Have replied mate 

I’d love to - I really would.

im a broken shell of a man after my last purchase - I need some time off to recover........

I will be back in the market for a project soon I’m sure. 

So this is weird, I went to work this morning then apparently my wife had my laptop come on at full blast with a message from someone about one of the Esprits. Now i didn’t know you could make calls like that via a laptop I just got in from work and can’t find out where it would have come from or anything on my laptop. 

So I guess it is someone from here and also can someone enlighten me about how this could have happened. Remember I am a simple sparks

Ta 

Dan 

Like a Skype call? Surely you'd still have to accept the call your end 🤔

Anyway, not me.

Neil

i haven’t even got Skype, to be fair I am now doubting my wife as it was her birthday yesterday so she had a few last night, but I checked the answerphone and nothing on that. She swears it wouldn’t stop until she turned my laptop off. 

Really wierd 

Dan

Not me Dan .....Mike

Sounds to me like @Barrykearley has hacked onto your system to infiltrate any interested parties, apprehend, remove and give him time to sell the S4. I can appreciate the desire to have an S4s and an early Giugiaro Turbo - good work BarryB-)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ssshh

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stephenwhyte said:

Sounds to me like @Barrykearley has hacked onto your system to infiltrate any interested parties, apprehend, remove and give him time to sell the S4. I can appreciate the desire to have an S4s and an early Giugiaro Turbo - good work BarryB-)

😂 he so did 

• Like 1