free hit
counters
What does it need? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Ali tuck

What does it need?

Evening

just found your forum......test drove a 350 sport last week,want one badly!what are the essential options I need to look for...will be a used car

cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

In terms of resale I was told by Jamie at b&c and pat at Hofmanns:

sound deadening

Air con

stereo and 2 speakers

carpets

However it’s so personal and these cars really are a reflection of their owners. Many get modified whether that’s additional carbon, tvs1900 or komotec engine upgrades, additional elements they like from cup380/430 models etc.

main thing is find a loved example that has been looked after perfectly so no rattles, gear change should be accurate etc.

I would get one with self healing ppf if you can as that will save you a big cost and for track days it’s a must.

other than that enjoy the hunt and I am sure others will be on to point out many things I have forgotten!

• Like 2

2 piece brakes are nice to have, in addition to above (which I agree with). 

5 hours ago, DJW said:

2 piece brakes are nice to have, in addition to above (which I agree with). 

I have the two piece and they are phenomenal - totally agree. 

Pics of the 507 please  B-)

Try this, I printed a copy and highlighted in different colours "must haves" and "would likes"

Quite frankly, if it's missing say carpet for example, but has carbon , go with the carbon as its more expensive than getting carpets fitted aftermarket

Lotus Exige Price List.pdf

3 hours ago, BatMobile said:

I have the two piece and they are phenomenal - totally agree. 

What is the main difference? Just less fade?

Having not taken my V6 on track yet, I havnt had any fade out of the standard brake set up.

tbf, I found the standard single piece discs to me more than up to the job with regular track use on my V6S. 

The fixed two piece setup can carry a bit of heat out fro, the disc but mainly represents a good weight saving.

4 hours ago, Arun_D said:

Pics of the 507 please  B-)

A9ED9245-0A37-435F-8AB5-313ABD3703F5.jpeg

6373D785-6457-4789-82E9-B60F49E1D370.jpeg

Here you go!

3 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Try this, I printed a copy and highlighted in different colours "must haves" and "would likes"

Quite frankly, if it's missing say carpet for example, but has carbon , go with the carbon as its more expensive than getting carpets fitted aftermarket

Lotus Exige Price List.pdf

See what you mean with carbon,damn pricey!thanks for that will come in handy

• Thanks 1

That is seriously tasty, like a lot of folk I have a bit of a thing for 63s in general.

Wibble :wub:

3 hours ago, Arun_D said:

tbf, I found the standard single piece discs to me more than up to the job with regular track use on my V6S. 

The fixed two piece setup can carry a bit of heat out fro, the disc but mainly represents a good weight saving.

Were you running the Castrol SRF with the standard brake set up though?

Ive got my first track day a week today so will see how it goes. 

I do love a good weight saving mod though. Seems like getting 2 benefits for price of one. It’s why I’m looking forged wheels, two piece brakes and allow fuel tank as my only mods.

Hofmann's put R600+ racing fluid into mine and it was superb, no fade at all despite many hard braking laps triggering the ABS at pretty much every corner, this also included David Pittard doing some very fast laps at the wheel. 

Where is your first day Chris? Do you mind adding your thoughts onto the "journey into track days" post in the trackdays sections - more contributors the better :)

Standard brakes are fine for a few trackdays. If you've put the castrol in its even better. Once you kill the OE pads you could put (eg) pagid blacks in but the standard brake set up is not going to kill you - especially if you haven't done a trackday before.

3 hours ago, Arun_D said:

That is seriously tasty, like a lot of folk I have a bit of a thing for 63s in general.

Wibble :wub:

Thanks....yeah there is something about them,probably the noise!

Welcome to the forum! I got a sport 350 because I wanted the geo, slatted engine cover, and exposed gear shift.

My other requirements were cruise control for road trips (can be retro fitted for not much cash), and air con. Done a few trackdays in mine and the only thing I’ve done is replaced the brake fluid for Castrol SRF. 

Happy hunting 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BatMobile said:

Hofmann's put R600+ racing fluid into mine and it was superb, no fade at all despite many hard braking laps triggering the ABS at pretty much every corner, this also included David Pittard doing some very fast laps at the wheel. 

Where is your first day Chris? Do you mind adding your thoughts onto the "journey into track days" post in the trackdays sections - more contributors the better :)

Yeh on the face of it the V6 brakes look quite chunky and it’s a light car, so kind of surprising that so many people find they need to upgrade.

I’m doing Silverstone which will be a first time for me there. Can’t wait! 

I do have some track experience with my previous car so I’m not a complete newbie, but very happy to add my thoughts to that thread.

1 hour ago, BfranklynV6 said:

Yeh on the face of it the V6 brakes look quite chunky and it’s a light car, so kind of surprising that so many people find they need to upgrade.

I’m doing Silverstone which will be a first time for me there. Can’t wait! 

I do have some track experience with my previous car so I’m not a complete newbie, but very happy to add my thoughts to that thread.

Enjoy the GP circuit, fingers crossed for you on the weather front, its been an odd March to say the least....hurry up spring! 

Yeah its less of a newbie post now (aside from my comments on there) but is more a place for everyone to share experiences, advice on equipment etc.