free hit
counters
What does it need? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content


What does it need?


Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In terms of resale I was told by Jamie at b&c and pat at Hofmanns: sound deadening Air con stereo and 2 speakers carpets However it’s so personal and these cars really are

Welcome to the forum! I got a sport 350 because I wanted the geo, slatted engine cover, and exposed gear shift. My other requirements were cruise control for road trips (can be retro fitted for n

Here you go! See what you mean with carbon,damn pricey!thanks for that will come in handy  

Posted Images

  • Gold FFM

In terms of resale I was told by Jamie at b&c and pat at Hofmanns:

sound deadening

Air con

stereo and 2 speakers

carpets

However it’s so personal and these cars really are a reflection of their owners. Many get modified whether that’s additional carbon, tvs1900 or komotec engine upgrades, additional elements they like from cup380/430 models etc.

main thing is find a loved example that has been looked after perfectly so no rattles, gear change should be accurate etc.

I would get one with self healing ppf if you can as that will save you a big cost and for track days it’s a must.

other than that enjoy the hunt and I am sure others will be on to point out many things I have forgotten!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 piece brakes are nice to have, in addition to above (which I agree with). 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try this, I printed a copy and highlighted in different colours "must haves" and "would likes"

Quite frankly, if it's missing say carpet for example, but has carbon , go with the carbon as its more expensive than getting carpets fitted aftermarket

Lotus Exige Price List.pdf

Link to post
Share on other sites

tbf, I found the standard single piece discs to me more than up to the job with regular track use on my V6S. 

The fixed two piece setup can carry a bit of heat out fro, the disc but mainly represents a good weight saving.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Arun_D said:

Pics of the 507 please  B-)

 

A9ED9245-0A37-435F-8AB5-313ABD3703F5.jpeg

6373D785-6457-4789-82E9-B60F49E1D370.jpeg

Here you go!

3 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Try this, I printed a copy and highlighted in different colours "must haves" and "would likes"

Quite frankly, if it's missing say carpet for example, but has carbon , go with the carbon as its more expensive than getting carpets fitted aftermarket

Lotus Exige Price List.pdf

See what you mean with carbon,damn pricey!thanks for that will come in handy

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Arun_D said:

tbf, I found the standard single piece discs to me more than up to the job with regular track use on my V6S. 

The fixed two piece setup can carry a bit of heat out fro, the disc but mainly represents a good weight saving.

Were you running the Castrol SRF with the standard brake set up though?

Ive got my first track day a week today so will see how it goes. 

I do love a good weight saving mod though. Seems like getting 2 benefits for price of one. It’s why I’m looking forged wheels, two piece brakes and allow fuel tank as my only mods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM

Hofmann's put R600+ racing fluid into mine and it was superb, no fade at all despite many hard braking laps triggering the ABS at pretty much every corner, this also included David Pittard doing some very fast laps at the wheel. 

Where is your first day Chris? Do you mind adding your thoughts onto the "journey into track days" post in the trackdays sections - more contributors the better :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Standard brakes are fine for a few trackdays. If you've put the castrol in its even better. Once you kill the OE pads you could put (eg) pagid blacks in but the standard brake set up is not going to kill you - especially if you haven't done a trackday before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum! I got a sport 350 because I wanted the geo, slatted engine cover, and exposed gear shift.

My other requirements were cruise control for road trips (can be retro fitted for not much cash), and air con. Done a few trackdays in mine and the only thing I’ve done is replaced the brake fluid for Castrol SRF. 

Happy hunting 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BatMobile said:

Hofmann's put R600+ racing fluid into mine and it was superb, no fade at all despite many hard braking laps triggering the ABS at pretty much every corner, this also included David Pittard doing some very fast laps at the wheel. 

Where is your first day Chris? Do you mind adding your thoughts onto the "journey into track days" post in the trackdays sections - more contributors the better :)

Yeh on the face of it the V6 brakes look quite chunky and it’s a light car, so kind of surprising that so many people find they need to upgrade.

I’m doing Silverstone which will be a first time for me there. Can’t wait! 

I do have some track experience with my previous car so I’m not a complete newbie, but very happy to add my thoughts to that thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, BfranklynV6 said:

Yeh on the face of it the V6 brakes look quite chunky and it’s a light car, so kind of surprising that so many people find they need to upgrade.

I’m doing Silverstone which will be a first time for me there. Can’t wait! 

I do have some track experience with my previous car so I’m not a complete newbie, but very happy to add my thoughts to that thread.

Enjoy the GP circuit, fingers crossed for you on the weather front, its been an odd March to say the least....hurry up spring! 

Yeah its less of a newbie post now (aside from my comments on there) but is more a place for everyone to share experiences, advice on equipment etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.


×
×
  • Create New...