free hit
counters
How do I remove the driver seat? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

At a friends place working on the car, how do u remove the front bolts of the driver seat there is the handle for moving the chair forward in the way, do I need to remove the handle?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Never had a problem getting access with an Allen key to be honest 

Never had a problem here either.  Can’t remember order, but if you remove rear ones first can the seat be moved back further to gain access to front bolts ? 

So problem was with harness bar, wasn’t allowing seat to go all the way back so took it off and now it’s fine. Just stuck trying to figure out the second part of the install which is installing the side seatbelt harness

Sorry for posting in the wrong category earlier.
Seatbelt harness install was a total cluster fuck. Ended up restoring to factory condition and even removed the harness bar. 

I got bolts from MSAR that are supposed to allow me to install harness and keep factory seatbelts but couldn't figure out how to do it. It was getting late and I was over at my friends place so decided to just stop, restore everything to the way it was and try again another time after I've done more research.

Right now what I could really use is pictures of someone who has seatbelts and harness installed. I'm curious to how the bolts setup are and the positioning of the seatbelts.

2 hours ago, Arun_D said:

Thats the instructions:

Tighten bolt and confirm that the Schroth tab and stock seat belt tab can rotate on the bolt with low to moderate force applied so the belts will position themselves correctly when cinched.

When I was done both belts wouldn't rotate event when the bolts were not tightened. So not sure what I was doing wrong. Do you have your OEM belt and harness belt installed? Would you be able to share some photos? I'll probably be reattempting the install this weekend.

Unfortunately I last installed this back on my S2 a few years ago and don't run both belts in my Cup. However I recall them being free to rotate when the everything was tight, possibly with a little stiction, but certainly not jammed stiff as you describe.

Hi Mark

Your runner is quite different to my Exige runner. Not sure if it's because it's a 380 or because it's LHD. 

Make sure your seat is all the way back when accessing the bolts, this may give you a little more room.

Allen keys with a ball end allow you to undo the bolt from an angle. Could help?
ball-end-allen-wrenches.jpg.4e77b41a4a402bab795c67b79c2ead89.jpg

For harnesses, it should be pretty simple.  So you have a big bolt that goes into either side of the seat. When the seat is out, remove that bolt (taking note of where the factory seat belt is). IIRC it should have a spring which helps the seatbelt move in the mount, but without rattling. When adding the harness, put the hole of the harness and the hole of the original seat belt next to each other, add the spring back in, then put the big bolt back through both.  I can't supply photos of both in place as I chose not to reinstall normal seatbelts, but you can see my harness installed with the spring here:

DSC_7771.thumb.jpg.9c667cd9bb5682a41bc19fd3a605162a.jpg

The instructions and bolt set i got provided me with spacers to put between the factory seatbelt and the harness, but i think its squeezing everything together too tightly. Might try it your way without the spacer.

Interesting note on the runner, i'm hoping this is similar to the one in the 430 which is the updated one and doesn't eventually start rocking.