free hit
counters
Cambelt tensioner upgrade - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
top-plumber

Cambelt tensioner upgrade

I’m installing a blue belt and changing the tensioner from semi to manual. 

I have to drill the block and tap to 10mm and just wanted to check the location of the new hole. I’m pretty sure I have it right but wanted to know if anyone has done this upgrade just to confirm the location. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The best way to locate the hole is with use of an air-con bracket, that will have a hole in a long (c50mm) block of steel, so not only put the hole n the right place but also keep it perpendicular to the face.

1 hour ago, andydclements said:

The best way to locate the hole is with use of an air-con bracket, that will have a hole in a long (c50mm) block of steel, so not only put the hole n the right place but also keep it perpendicular to the face.

Thanks Andy. I have an aircon bracket from the red car engine. I will take a look at that as a locator and pilot drill guide. Good call. I suppose the other block must already have it then. Will take a look. 

Meanwhile the Red turbo engine is coming together. 

Have to keep on top of things, building 2 engines at once. Nearly forgot to torque down the head on the Red car...🤪

2464ECA5-6B69-4196-88AC-847699F4BE7E.jpeg

E5068A95-246F-4654-9D8F-548D1036D06C.jpeg

EDE5198B-E7B8-45D7-A16E-442DA16A5CD0.jpeg

Meanwhile the Red turbo engine is coming together. 

Have to keep on top of things, building 2 engines at once. Nearly forgot to torque down the head on the Red car...🤪

see what I mean, posted this on the wrong thread...

• Haha 1