free hit
counters
My 3 Eleven 430 - 3-Eleven Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So Lotus put the pictures onto there face ache page of the 311-430. That was enough for me to become an ijot  and place an order with a deposit. I have been told the car now has a chassis number

Well the wait is going to be far less than originally anticipated!!!! Body work is in the paint shop from last week and the chassis is apparently going on the line this week. Should be ready

Saw my new baby today....completed rolling chassis with engine and box fitted. As I left Hethelat about 11.45am the carbon seats where just going into the car When I got home at 4.00pm I checked m

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Cooking with gas! I think they take the view that they better make it quick before we change our minds!

Just been out in the GT430, it's a mighty engine, feels very strong in an Evora from tickover right through to the redline. A 311 with that motor will be INTENSE!

• Like 1

One area for improvement with the 311 was the relative lack of midrange. It made the car a bit edgy when the top end power kicked in. The 430 motor will fix that at a stroke. More linear and more powerful all the way through the rev range, win-win. It will be a lot faster over a lap than the 20bhp difference suggests.

It’s a monster engine, hard to imagine what it’s going to do in a much lighter car.

• Like 1

The first car period!! The press car was a Std 311 updated to look like and perform like a 430, (I used the registration number of that car to trace the chassis number on a parts look up system I have that links to DVLA!!)

The digit in the chassis number denoted the engine code for a 400, Mine has the chassis digit for a 430 power plant.

• Like 1

can you post pics from factory of the car? Or are not allowed?

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, NicktheQuick said:

And where is it? Mine has arrived 2 weeks before.

In the garage at home...

Dome almost 1400 miles and includes two track days.

I cannot at the moment see this car ever being sold (well whilst I am able to get in it) This one is deffo a keeper

• Like 2