free hit
counters
MY12 Pioneer F930BT Upgrade - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi

I have just purchased a Pioneer SPH-DA120 headunit to replace the Pioneer F930BT unit in my MY12 Evora. I understand that its largely a straight swap? I seem to remember once reading a thread that said that Pioneer changed the wiring somewhere in the years between the two units being released. Is there much rewiring that needs to be done?

Also I have read about how the fascia/radio surround has to be prized off from its four clips? Is this easy or will it result in me ripping the leather or something similar!

Any tips will be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The fascia doesn't want to come off easily but you get use plastic trim removal tools to get behind it so the leather will be ok.

I got the chap in Halfords to swap out the shitty Alpine in my 2010 for a nice new Pioneer DAB/Android Auto and he made up a new loom on the spot! 

Also sometimes when you try to lever the trim off it effectively angle the clips thus making them harder to pull out. I used some fine wire (with plastic sheathing) and slid it behind the panel from the side. That way you can get it close to the clips and pull (at 90' to the trim panel surface) and it came off easier, if that makes sense?

It does, many thanks to you both.

have managed to get the unit out but now struggling with the rewiring because I think the looms are subtly different. As in the colours of the wires are different for the same pins if that makes sense.

Yes I see to remember that I had to tweak the wires on one of my evoras and some of the colours on the lotus loom match the head unit manufacturers colours but do something different! Hard work to get your head around at times! 

If you're new head unit has a handbrake cable you will want to just permanently ground it. 

You need to search for wiring diagrams.  Don't rely on colour.  You need to be absolutely sure which wire does what.  There are thin black wires and fat black wires that do different things for example.

Get the diagrams and match the functions of the wire (not by colour) between the two harnesses.  You should soldier them together with heat shrink over it.

Took me half a day finding which wires did what on each harness and a fews hours to cut and solidier them together.

One tip is do not connect the speed sensor wire for the gps.  The Evora doesn't like it for some reason.