free hit
counters
Elise Market Discussion Thread - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
CocoPops

Elise Market Discussion Thread

As per a similar idea in the Evora forum, I thought we might have an Elise market discussion thread.

Reason being, I’m currently looking for a 220/250, ideally of the 17.5 variety but not yet au fait with options and spec.

This seems a nice option at £44 for a new 220, with forged wheels:

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/elise-s3/lotus-elise-220-s-face-lift-model/7922353

Equally there are a couple of 250 Cups at £51, where as some Sprint 220s up for more than the cups. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep, and that’s the other reason for this thread @Bibs. I know little of the changes between s3 and s3/17.5. Other than the facelift and the open gear change. I’m assuming the open gear change will feel more like the 400 gear change?

Well done @CocoPops... Its been a bit quiet on this side of the forum for too long!

As you track the 250 would be ultimate but tbh you don't need to spend 44k unless you want to...

It’s also about understanding options. I think I want carpet/nvh packs. Forged wheels make sense to me. Aircon, stereo too. Not sure what else there is to option.

This S Cup looks pretty good value to me... £38k asking price before negotiation, could be a LOT of car for the money.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/elise-s2/2016-16-lotus-elise-1-8-s-2d-217-bhp-cup-s/8210960#/home

Massive downforce gains. I'd love to have a go in this through EauRouge... bet it miles faster than mine. Look at the size of that diffuser :o 

IMG_6401.JPG

IMG_6402.JPG

• Like 1

The Elise Cup as had a lot of changes in its life time, the biggest going from 220 to 250 not just more power, lighter as well, Carbon seats, lithium-ion battery, option on Carbon aero kit, expensive so not many with this option fitted, but looks great if you can find one. There was a step up in interior quality from the 220 to the 250 better fabrics, leather doorsills, air vents, new switch gear, leather and alcantara door cards, option to have full carpets. Then we get to the 17.5 model, the biggest change  being the aero kit, got lots of criticism when launched, for me I have grown to like the 17.5 version, not so much in your face. The other changes are a new front clam with bigger air intakes which looks better in my opinion, single tail lights instead of double which I am not sure about, interior you get the open gate gear linkage which nobody can fail to like and a better stereo if you take that option. Bell and colvill a ultimate spec'd 17.5 in lots of Carbon, every option there is, a bit high on miles and not cheap, but have to say it does look nice.https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/elise-s2/lotus-elise-cup/8257967

• Like 1

See all of those Oak mere cars are nice... but all have flaws in my view. Like the beige interior in the type79, the blue interior and OTT decals on the Type99 etc.

if they could be toned down a little.

When I was first looking at moving back to an Elise, I was thinking 220 Sprint - lovely spec, looks great and primarily a road car which would be great for occassional track use, which pretty much reflects my usage. However, after specing one up I found it was barely cheaper than a 250 Cup and knew that I would always regret not going for the Cup car!

Essential spec: Aircon for resale; I would say sound deadening because the car is quite noisy even with it! I'm surprised to hear that the MY17.5 has an upgraded stereo because it's still very, very shit. Pretty sure that it comes with forged wheels as standard, but if not then a definite plus on a Cup car.

Both the Cup and the Sprint come with the carbon sports seats which look glorious, but seem to divide opinion on whether they're comfortable or not so it's definitely a case of try them to make sure they fit you or not. I find them fine, in fact I did a three hour journey in mine yesterday and got out feeling absolutely fine.

I was disapointed when I first saw the pictures of the MY17.5 Cup, I was hoping for something a bit more aggressive (particularly following on from the 380 Cup), but in the flesh it looks great. I particularly prefer the toned down rear diffuser and exhaust outlet, it looks just right imo. Another MY17.5 change was the exhaust. People moaned that the previous Elise Cup cars sounded a bit flat - that's not a problem on the latest version, it sounds bloody fantastic! The open gate gearchange adds a bit of visual drama to the cabin, but more importantly the quality of the gear shift is massively improved on what has gone before.

38 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

I'm not keen myself, a bit OTT for my taste. The Type 25 copy 250 Cup that Silverstone have for sale looks spot on in my view, but is pricey!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Neal H said:

When I was first looking at moving back to an Elise, I was thinking 220 Sprint - lovely spec, looks great and primarily a road car which would be great for occassional track use, which pretty much reflects my usage. However, after specing one up I found it was barely cheaper than a 250 Cup and knew that I would always regret not going for the Cup car!

Essential spec: Aircon for resale; I would say sound deadening because the car is quite noisy even with it! I'm surprised to hear that the MY17.5 has an upgraded stereo because it's still very, very shit. Pretty sure that it comes with forged wheels as standard, but if not then a definite plus on a Cup car.

Both the Cup and the Sprint come with the carbon sports seats which look glorious, but seem to divide opinion on whether they're comfortable or not so it's definitely a case of try them to make sure they fit you or not. I find them fine, in fact I did a three hour journey in mine yesterday and got out feeling absolutely fine.

I was disapointed when I first saw the pictures of the MY17.5 Cup, I was hoping for something a bit more aggressive (particularly following on from the 380 Cup), but in the flesh it looks great. I particularly prefer the toned down rear diffuser and exhaust outlet, it looks just right imo. Another MY17.5 change was the exhaust. People moaned that the previous Elise Cup cars sounded a bit flat - that's not a problem on the latest version, it sounds bloody fantastic! The open gate gearchange adds a bit of visual drama to the cabin, but more importantly the quality of the gear shift is massively improved on what has gone before.

I'm not keen myself, a bit OTT for my taste. The Type 25 copy 250 Cup that Silverstone have for sale looks spot on in my view, but is pricey!

Have to agree on the Cup Type 250, the best looking Cup out there and the most expensive.

Oakmere cars are overpriced as they are just lots of stickers

You could get the ECU read, but tbh what do you do when you testdrive a sports car  for the entire journey?

Elise's are strong and reliable but who wants a car that's been ragged day in day out? It needs to be significantly cheaper to be considered.

Totally agree, 8 in total, 2 of each and like you have said Bibs having Clive's blessing is a massive plus. Type 33 and 49 my 2 favourite's. Have to be  good investments and let's not forget fantastic driving cars.

Yep the Hoffman’s cars are great, the £39k green one seems a good buy and no doubt that it’s been run in properly the guys there are fastidious.

The green cup at Hofmanns is a TLFers excar. So would be keen on that one, if I could go a bit lower.

whats the score on cup car warranty? Is it just one year?

11 hours ago, CocoPops said:

whats the score on cup car warranty? Is it just one year?

That's a good question. I believe it's three years, but checking the warranty book for confirmation it just states that it varies by model and market - which is really helpful!

4 minutes ago, Neal H said:

That's a good question. I believe it's three years, but checking the warranty book for confirmation it just states that it varies by model and market - which is really helpful!

I read here (on their website):
http://www.lotuscars.com/ownership/lotus-cars-warranty

New Vehicle Warranty limited to 3 years or 36,000 miles in USA and Canada.  Lotus Racing vehicles, most Cup models, and some road going special edition models will have different terms and conditions with up to 1 Year or 6,000 mile Warranty**, so please consult your Dealer or Lotus Cars for more information.

So, is there anyway to know, other than calling Neil Turner with reg numbers to check?

What does your car have Neil? :lol: Is it worth checking?

Turns out it's 2 years/20,000 miles (whichever occurs soonest)

Full current list:

Elise Sport 1.6 3 years Unlimited

Elise Sprint 1.6 3 years Unlimited

Elise Sport 220 1.8 3 years Unlimited

Elise Sprint 220 1.8 3 years Unlimited

Elise Cup 250 1.8 2 years 20,000 miles / 30,000km* Ohlins dampers special service requirement

Elise Cup 260 1.8 1 year (IVA approval only, no COC) 6,000miles / 10,000km* Ohlins dampers special service requirement

Exige Sport 350 3 years Unlimited

Exige Sport 380 3 years Unlimited

Exige Cup 430 2 years 20,000 miles / 30,000km* Ohlins dampers special service requirement

Evora 400 3 years Unlimited

Evora Sport 410 3 years Unlimited

Evora GT410 3 years Unlimited

Evora GT430 2 years 20,000 miles / 30,000km* Ohlins dampers special service requirement

3-Eleven Road 1 year (IVA approval only, no COC) 6,000miles / 10,000km* Ohlins dampers special service requirement

* whichever occurs soonest

Ohlins dampers on Elise and Exige?

Certainly not as Standard on the 250 Cup (unfortunately!)