free hit
counters
Practical classics show at the nec - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mikeeech

Practical classics show at the nec

I went to the NEC today for the practical classic exhibition and saw this conversion partly completed which I thought I would share...

DSC_0123.JPG.77317341b9cfb389378aa6abbd3ffc14.JPGDSC_0122.JPG.03cd06dbd1fdb90d2d0317f1f6c9b791.JPGDSC_0121.JPG.10c23be83b4b4de99efc12114c0efd84.JPG

There was a very nice S2 elite on the lotus drivers club stand as well!

Picture of the elite... It was nice to see another in the flesh and made me realise why I'm doing my restoration since it was such an attractive car...DSC_0125.JPG.a14ae2916a7a001db196214867a91ae6.JPG

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Picture are fine for me.

That Elite does look great.

:) 

• Like 1

Don't work for me either.

I've can't see them either, they are there, but I can see two sets that are extremely blurred......could be the pints of Bicardi and Coke.

Weird... It works for me! Have you got a red cross or something!

Nothing here either. Just an empty box with a blue question mark in it. And if I click on that I get a bigger empty box with a blue question mark in it!

Well it was a couple of pictures of an early excel converted to a p100 type pick up... I attached the ephotos in the same way I always had... How is this one (uncompressed)

DSC_0122.JPG

• Like 2

All the OP pics work for me.  Enjoyed the show today though being a restoration show the standard of the majority of cars was "poor" compared to the bigger classic show in November.  The joy was about a third of the crowd so you could see everything you wanted to and move about unhindered.  The autojumble stuff was actually better and the prices lower....and the pork bap for lunch absolutely delicious!

One conversation of potential interest.  Blockley Tyres seem to be a nice enough bunch and doing their bit to get tyres made in unusual sizes.   They don't currently do a 235 16 15 but would potentially be up for doing one if they could see a market of 1000 or more and initial order of 500.  So I said about Esprits and XJSs and the guy thought some Quattros also used that size so there may be a reason to do it.  They have been caught before were no tyre exists, they do one...but everyone has by then moved on and bought new wheels or another sized tyre and the market disappears before they make the investment back.  I'm one of those having recently bought 225 Vreds but if anyone wants to do the work to coordinate some interest there may be a place to use for supply....

The tyres they had looked way better than the Pirellis... 

(I'll repost this in the tyres bit in case of interest)

I can't see the photos either.  I'm on an iPad so is it a Ios vs. Micrsosft thing?

i went to the show yesterday. It was my first visit and  I, too, liked seeing cars in less than perfect condition.  The LotusExcel.net guys were changing a door beam on an Excel when I wandered by.  The Elite was beautiful.  I spoke to the lady whose family owned it.  They had owned it since the '80s.  It had been off the road for a while but was restored a year ago (I think).  The daughter now wants to drive it needs w she has passed her test.

the Esprit was gorgeous.

i wanted to ride in the S2 Europa with  the Sporting Bears but the owner cut her s hand and was indisposed.

Needed better labelling of the stands, i.e. Put the stand numbers on them like they do at Race Retro but a good day out.

19 hours ago, mikeeech said:

.. How is this one (uncompressed)

Can see that one!  Although why anyone would want to do that to it beats me!

The completed Excel pickup will be on our club stand at Glamis 7/8 July. Brian the guy who built it does some cracking restoration work to a very high standard.

We will have 40+ cars on show with over 2000 exhibits in total. If your up in gods country and fancy a visit. Feel free to come onto the stand. We might even have some coffee on tap.

https://www.glamis-castle.co.uk/event/the-44th-scottish-transport-extravaganza/

• Like 1

Really like that pickup. Purists might not approve but I think it's great people doing something different with these.

Those down under would love it ! 

"Gday mate, where dyay get that ute"

I actually think it looks cool.