free hit
counters
Evora 400 belt condition - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
franjipane

Evora 400 belt condition

Noticed the belt on my 400 has some minor tears in, it still feels strong.  I was planning on driving it daily until the end of the week when it was going in for a service anyway. How worried should I be about driving it?

MVIMG_20180325_151421.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Interesting to see that on the Evora 400 the belt is not the Goodyear Gatorback type with horizontal grooves as per the upgraded version introduced on the Exige V6.  Something to do with the new supercharger?

I would get that belt replaced in the near future.  Maybe you should ask if the gatorback variant is available, not only for reduced belt slip but to avoid such cracks in the first place.

Edited by Kristof Thys

Thanks Kristof, I'll do that. My 400 is from 2016 perhaps they've switched belt types since then.

Hi Steve, can't help with the Evora, but on the Exige (with another supercharger), the new belt was introduced fairly short after production started, at least that's my guess judging on the TSB number (december 2013).

From the technical manual:  The serpentine belt originally fitted at start of production was upgraded as a running change to a modified belt incorporating grooves running at acute angles to its ribs providing greater grip between the internal and external surfaces of the pulleys. Also refer to Technical Service Bulletin TSB 2013/12 for additional information.