free hit
counters
Evora S potential upgrades - Page 2 - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

It depends on what you are trying to achieve Rob.

If you like playing with cars then you can make an S1 S as quick or quicker than a 410 of any kind and give it some better suspension. You can also upgrade all the interior bits that may not be to your liking- stereo, seats, rear view mirror, carpets. All this will be cheaper and more fun to do than buying a 410. However if tuning isn't your thing then and you just want a new car with upgrades then  buying the 410 is a good move. 

The downside of tuning your own is that the money you spend will never come back to you. Depreciation on an old car is still depreciation. Most second hand buyers aren't that interested in tuning mods.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@BrussI am sure it will be better fun to do it yourself...

Is the best suspension the Nitrons or Ohlins?

Would you suggest the best starting point is the supercharger upgrade? 

Thanks to you and @Bravo73 for the advice!

Ohlins are probably a bit better but they are £5k vs £3k for 3-ways. The Nitron 1-way are £1.8k (and more than enough for a few trackdays a year). 

I agree with Jonny. Ohlins will give you more options for adjustment if you know what to adjust and when. If you do a lot of track work and have someone who can spec the rates for you, then they will be better imo.  However I have Chris Randall's specced Nitrons, springs and geo as a package.  I do a fair few track days and find them superb on the road (better than oem) and very good on track. The only thing I will say with Nitrons is don't buy direct from Nitron and have them fitted. Nitron sell an average setting for anyone. It may not suit you or your car. Find someone like Chris that can valve them to your requirements. 

Given that you have the sc, my own staged upgrade path would be to do Jonny's airbox mod, followed by the Nitrons, lastly the power upgrade.  It's a personal choice though, there's nothing like feeling that extra kick on the road, even if you don't use it much :-) Get whoever does the suspension to check those drop links and arb bushes at the same time.

Replace the tyres with cup 2's next time they are needed or if its the winter then mp4s.

I got a new K&N filter and de-cat done a while ago. What is the @Bravo73 airbox?