free hit
counters
How can I tell if my sub is woofing? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I don't seem to be getting any output from my sub (E 400) have tried setting to max (level 9) and no noticeable sound, any advice on how I check it?

Do I need to go out and buy some "thumping" music!?

Thanks

Gareth

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Set the faders to the rear speakers only and turn up the sub output. Is it switched on in settings? There was a thread in here about updated setting for the 400, also are you sure your car has the sub as I believe some 400’s didn’t have the sub as lotus made it an option

Thanks, I thought they all had a sub, I'll check.

Yup, not all 400s have a sub.

Just an addon to this, the Lotus default settings are awful. The sub is basically muted by them. I did publish some settings of my own, if you want to double check your sub is working go into the sound settings, find the crossover menu and just disable it - make the sub and speakers flat, no crossover. You'll notice a big difference.

5 hours ago, JayEmm said:

Just an addon to this, the Lotus default settings speakers are awful.

Fixed

Couldn't help but smile reading this, as I had the same problem. I was getting some things done at the dealer and mentioned the sub woofer didnt appear to be working.they investigated and found... no sub woofer fitted. The car was ordered with one, so one is on its way.