free hit
counters
Very Early Narrow body Excel - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Fueltheburn

Very Early Narrow body Excel

As per title.

I am in the midst of a big tidy up in the courtyard in preparation for a new onsite lodger and also keeping on top of projects.

Sadly this rare beast is not the first in the line for me to finish... hence time to move it on :cry:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202277209760?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That looks like a very special car. It is an  important part of Lotus History. In the classic car world, the first and last models are always the ones most sought after when values go up. I remember back in the day when Lotus introduced the world to the éclat excel it was a black show car that I first noticed in my local newspaper of all places. The champagne gold interior complements the black bodywork nicely. Restored, this car would look fantastic. I hope it goes to a good Lotus home and gets the treatment it deserves. The early narrowbody éclat excel is an endangered species. If only I had the space.....

This one was one of the first 100 Excels ever produced.  As for being an endangered species...very much so. With only 11 believed to be left in existence I have seen most of these and sold one of those 11 last year that is due to be appearing in a classic race series at Knockhill.

The Narrow body cars are my favourite due to being less fussy in terms of looks.  This is most definitely one car I would not be disappointed if it did not sell.