free hit
counters
Help! Check engine light on just after one day of driving - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
GTMAN

Help! Check engine light on just after one day of driving

Hi, guys, I just got my new exige 380 sport last week, and I have drove some mountain road around Nuerburgring to running in the engine, not on the track, rev is always under 4000 rpm, really enjoy the car.

Evening after the dinner, I started the car up, the check engine light comes on, I readed the code, it has 12 codes ! all related to the O2 sensor. 

Have you guys suffered the same problem? 

image1.png

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF Luo. :welcome:

If you got it from a dealer, I'd be giving them a call.

Welcome. :welcome:

Did you try clearing the codes and then taking the car for a drive? If so, did they come back?

@GTMAN, please reply in the box at the bottom of the thread rather than clicking the 'report' button :)

@Luo

Welcome to TLF - as mentioned before...to the dealer.....relating to the "engine check" issues there are the faults that appear for "a second only" and faults that have to be repaired, for example if the engine goes in "safety mode", means the shifting lights will appear much earlier around 3500 rpm (at my Evora) and the engine would not rev higher (ok, within the running in period you will stay under that revs anyway). If nothing "special" happens after the engine check light appear there might be a substantial chance that the error was very temporary and the engine check light will disappear after ca 20 new starts. I had s e v e r a l engine check light on without any "real" / substantial fault....after the guarantee period ended the car seems to behave better... ;-)..its a Lotus.....

On 2018/4/3 at 20:31, Bibs said:

@GTMAN, please reply in the box at the bottom of the thread rather than clicking the 'report' button :)

sorry for that, did't familar with it...

5 hours ago, Snoopy1969 said:

@Luo

Welcome to TLF - as mentioned before...to the dealer.....relating to the "engine check" issues there are the faults that appear for "a second only" and faults that have to be repaired, for example if the engine goes in "safety mode", means the shifting lights will appear much earlier around 3500 rpm (at my Evora) and the engine would not rev higher (ok, within the running in period you will stay under that revs anyway). If nothing "special" happens after the engine check light appear there might be a substantial chance that the error was very temporary and the engine check light will disappear after ca 20 new starts. I had s e v e r a l engine check light on without any "real" / substantial fault....after the guarantee period ended the car seems to behave better... ;-)..its a Lotus.....

alright, you mean a new car after 20 new start, then the check engine light will gone ?

Yes, but not just 20 times in a row (within 10 min or do), its around 20 times starting, driving around, stop, start the next day etc. Just my experience, when my car was new I drove to the lotus service point every time the engine check light went on.....

Easy fix. Life is good. :thumbup: