free hit
counters
I bought a McLaren! - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Andrew C

I bought a McLaren!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Now thats one lovely looking motor - congrats!

Do you worry about running costs compared to the Evora? As thats the main thing that often crosses into my mind when I dream of stepping it up another notch.

Ben

Great car, lovely looker Andrew. I had heard you had traded up but was hoping you would post eventually ;)  Congrats.

I can just imagine the whinging and whining from some, even on here, when Lotus bring out a £150k rival to this, lol....

Looks great @Andrew C what’s it like to drive?

I thought Central had it up for sale very cheaply tbh. Not sure how much interest they’ve had? A lot probably.

570 is already lined up as my Evora replacement in a year or two. Well if I resist a GT3.  570 is similar money but way more exotic a proper supercar.  Looks great in that colour (is it called lava orange?)  

It's the old McLaren Orange as their F1 cars are painted in.

I feel that driving the Lotus cars has just been setting me up for this.

I must stop saying it but its a Lotus of today in every way fast it is very fast flicking through the gears great fun 

then you look at the speedometer opps.

Looking forward for the trip to Germany 🇩🇪.

A

Has it actually got steering feel etc? That and an over firm ride would kill the dream for me! Reviews seem to suggest its a good un. 

Congratulations.  Looks epic.

Congrats on the new car Andrew, looks lovely.

i know what you mean about Lotus moving goal posts in terms of numbers. Not the end of the world but does taint ownership a little when they promise one thing and then let you down.

Trevor.

Can't blame you for moving. The little McLaren driving experience I have tells me it does deliver many of the things a Lotus owner would want.

Coming from an Evora 400 the only thing that really disappoints for me in a McLaren is the noise.

You got it in the right colour anyway! Enjoy

Good choice, great colour too!!! 

As long as you have at least one Esprit in the garage at all times! 

Cracking car and it's turn of speed is astonishing believe me I have sat in Lh seat with  Andrew!!!

but it must be said its only taken seven years to get to this for Maclaren 

now where are those 70 anniversary repaints come on Lotus give me something to really make me want to buy a new car off you 

dissapointed Scotland 

Beautiful car Andrew. I’ve always had a soft spot for McLaren. Never been lucky enough to experience one yet. Enjoy 👍

Nice one Andrew. If ever I have the wherewithal and in the absence of a new Esprit, the 570GT would be on my drive. And this is what enticed me. Enjoy. And the car. 

• Like 2

He does, on both counts. This is my all time favourite, a road I've travelled many times, mostly just for the hell of it as its in my back yard. No doubt @Andrew C is looking forward to taking the McLaren up there, if he hasn't already. And if you need a wing man Andrew, just let me know....

• Like 1