free hit
counters
New here, looking for a car ! - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Jmracing66

New here, looking for a car !

Hi all,

First post here. I’m selling my Caterham CSR and looking to buy an Exige Sport 350. If anyone is thinking of selling please send me a message ! 

Thanks,

James 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Welcome to TLF James :)

You could try the dealers? My V6 (with a one off blue/white sprint colour scheme) is currently at Silverstone.

Welcome...

Thanks guys, 

im keeping an eye on the dealers. Hoffman’s is perfect for me but sadly the 360 cup is a little more than I’m looking to spend. 

I thought Hoffman actually had a couple of competitively priced sport 350s if that's you are looking for. Personally I was very happy with my V6, gear change was lovely and smooth and there are a few other little things I preferred compared to the sport 350, which I've also driven. I liked being able to see out of the back as well! 

They have one, but it’s a Roadster and not really what I’m looking for. The search continues.

Welcome to TLF James. :welcome:

There is also the Classifieds at the top of the page ^. You just have to register if you go for a look as it is separate to TLF.

So I have been to Howard’s lotus today as I happened to be passing. They didn’t have exactly what I’m looking for but they had the V6s up for around £43k and they had a rather nice looking 380 sport in black up for around £65k. It’s more than I was looking to spend, but it very nice. Can anyone convince me that a 380 sport is worth £25k over the v6s ? 

how much are you looking for the CSR260 btw ? 

Probably not. 

But at that level the 360 cup at Hofmans will give you a better drive and hold its value better

13 minutes ago, DJW said:

how much are you looking for the CSR260 btw ? 

Thanks, i’ll have a read...

The CSR is up for just shy of £37k with PT Sports Cars in maidenhead, although I would probably take a bit less than that ! 

Hey jmracing, welcome and great upgrade.

The 380 (cup 380 aside) is a bit of a middle child now, when it was first launched and was the halo it was hard to justify the extra over a 350 but if you wanted the pinnacle and bragging rights, it was the one to get plus they had lots of carbon. 

Now if you want the pinnacle it’s the 430 everyday of the week.

The 350 revs higher, you can add full carbon everything for around £5-6k (aftermarket) and then if you want more power go to ssc or komotec and get 410ish or 455ish respectively.

you also have to consider noise if you want to track a 380 and try the seats as I found them horrible.  

However if a dealer is doing a great deal on one then superb but for me it’s not worth a premium of more than £10k on a 350. 

My 350 could be up for sale if chats go well with lotus next week but then I absolutely love my car so there is also a strong chance she stays, gets full carbon and ex460 from hangar111. 

• Like 1

Thanks, let me know if you are selling, I may well be interested. 

Having the advantage of not owning one, you're best off going a tiny bit further for a 350 IMO.
By the time you stick the Exige 350 bits on an V6S you can buy a 350 with some spare change. I'm currently waiting for a 350 to come into my budget/spec but could be a while ( good cause I can save more ) 

The louvres for me are a must. The exposed gearshift and updated DPM are also a must. 

Get a 350. You won't regret it.

Evening James,

I have to agree with some of the comments about 380’s they just can’t go on track in standard guise, i know as was black flagged at Silverstone 2 weeks ago. Not done track days before so thought I would try with a 380 but not a good move unfortunately 

In any event I have my 2016 V6S for sale

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-sport-v6-s-race-and-premium-packs/8414167

If you are interested 

Colin

@Jmracing66 has already placed a deposit on a 350, but I like your style @Tex with two Exige V6’s

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tex said:

Evening James,

I have to agree with some of the comments about 380’s they just can’t go on track in standard guise, i know as was black flagged at Silverstone 2 weeks ago. Not done track days before so thought I would try with a 380 but not a good move unfortunately 

In any event I have my 2016 V6S for sale

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/lotus-exige-sport-v6-s-race-and-premium-packs/8414167

If you are interested 

Colin

I really like the spec of your car, if it was a manual and a 350 I'd have it off you ;) Very nice mate.

Yes just noticed James other thread 

Wasn’t  by design to have 2 but !!!!

623544AF-BB8A-4036-B227-1C16B7E35467.jpeg

I hear a lot about going manual is best etc:: but I’ve had a manual V6s and have got a manual 380. 

If  you disregard the auto shift and use the paddle shifters the system works very well and the spec is higher , gear box oil cooler etc.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'll take the green one off your hands then so you can go back to having one :P Very lucky boy!

As per comments made... personally i'd stay away from the 380, my rationale being the rev limiter being my biggest grumble im afraid to say... The 350 is a good purchase. However if I was looking to buy right now i'd be ringing Hoffmans on the Cup 360 is the last run out of what was the best cup package available out of the box from the factory. It also has the TVS1900 upgrade which basically means you've futureproofed the car in the sense of its performance will outweigh you driving ability for a long time... so you have plenty of time to enjoy and learn. 

Thanks all, I have found one now. A rather nice looking 350 in black with black leather. Not really the colour combo I set out to find but I like it !

Two piece brakes and a soft top included. 

C71EBC18-9E3C-411D-BA85-7782729F1E45.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, alias23 said:

As per comments made... personally i'd stay away from the 380, my rationale being the rev limiter being my biggest grumble im afraid to say... The 350 is a good purchase. However if I was looking to buy right now i'd be ringing Hoffmans on the Cup 360 is the last run out of what was the best cup package available out of the box from the factory. It also has the TVS1900 upgrade which basically means you've futureproofed the car in the sense of its performance will outweigh you driving ability for a long time... so you have plenty of time to enjoy and learn. 

Pretty sure that Hoffman’s have already sold it, last week some time.

That is a great foundation to build on ... Forged Rims, Nitrons, Big Wing, lol ;)

I wish I had gone black!