free hit
counters
Balancing original Brand Lotus Wheels - Europa - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PhilT

Balancing original Brand Lotus Wheels

Just getting the Europa sorted for a trackday on Monday at Blyton - devil of a job getting the wheels balanced (new Avon CR6-ZZs fitted) - until I realised all today's tyre fitters only know how to balance 'centred' wheels ie by using the hole in the middle of the wheel. I had to find someone with the adapters to centre the wheel on the stud holes...so for the benefit of anyone else out there thinking of new tyres on original wheels, a good starting point might be to ask first if they have the kit to do Peugeot 'centreless', :) since they don't know what a Europa is...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That reminds me of when I was talking to a 3rd year apprentice motor mechanic and asked him what he had be learning. Engines? Yep. Suspension? Yep. Distributors? What's a distributor?

• Like 1

Some pics of the balanced wheels on track, attached to a perfect handling and balanced car😁. Had a brilliant day - loads of space and Blyton really suits the older cars: see Magnitude Events, Classic / retro days - no financial interest BTW!

DSC03436.thumb.jpg.d72ef421f94de67f00c455df80617011.jpg

DSC03460.thumb.jpg.7c65fd9eb7fa95d7abf739b331fccb17.jpg

• Like 1

I'm having the same problem, but my tire shop doesn't know what I'm talking about (I'm in Canada).  

Do you have a description, photo or link?

Jon.

Hi Jon

there are a few different types - one of which looks like this:

www.aliexpress.com/store/product/40mm-Multiple-Universal-Wheel-Balancer-Adaptor-Plate

others have multiple fixed holes, but hope this gives them the idea

Phil, many thanks for this, my tire man was completely in the dark about 'Peugeot centreless' ,  but a picture (worth a thousand words) worked wonders.  - Jon.