free hit
counters
Balancing original Brand Lotus Wheels - Europa - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PhilT

Balancing original Brand Lotus Wheels

Just getting the Europa sorted for a trackday on Monday at Blyton - devil of a job getting the wheels balanced (new Avon CR6-ZZs fitted) - until I realised all today's tyre fitters only know how to balance 'centred' wheels ie by using the hole in the middle of the wheel. I had to find someone with the adapters to centre the wheel on the stud holes...so for the benefit of anyone else out there thinking of new tyres on original wheels, a good starting point might be to ask first if they have the kit to do Peugeot 'centreless', :) since they don't know what a Europa is...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That reminds me of when I was talking to a 3rd year apprentice motor mechanic and asked him what he had be learning. Engines? Yep. Suspension? Yep. Distributors? What's a distributor?

• Like 1

Some pics of the balanced wheels on track, attached to a perfect handling and balanced car😁. Had a brilliant day - loads of space and Blyton really suits the older cars: see Magnitude Events, Classic / retro days - no financial interest BTW!

DSC03436.thumb.jpg.d72ef421f94de67f00c455df80617011.jpg

DSC03460.thumb.jpg.7c65fd9eb7fa95d7abf739b331fccb17.jpg

• Like 1