free hit
counters
K&N air filters? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bruss

K&N air filters?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I fitted one to my/your old airbox and if I’m 100% honest, I couldn’t tell the difference. 

But, on paper (baddum!), they’ve got to be slightly better for the flow because they are slightly less restrictive. (Probably more so for your set-up because it’s pulling more air through). And they will last the lifetime of the vehicle (but you’d obviously have to drive a lot of miles to make up the cost vs multiple paper filters). Still, for £40-odd, I figured ‘why not’?

I've always thought the same, especially that they maybe stay clearer, longer.  I now have a larger air box from a 5 litre Lexus and the K&N I just ordered is 25 notes more, not a lot but I suddenly realised I've never actually tested one.

I've always thought that K&N filters were less restrictive due to larger filter medium 'holes'. I had them on my Ducati when I was much younger and I could not tell the difference either. Maybe more induction noise, but not a noticeable increase in horsepower.