free hit
counters
S1(NA) to Evora 400 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
phenoyz

S1(NA) to Evora 400

Is it worth the upgrade?

my car is 2014

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes. Sorted, end of thread :hrhr:

Seriously though, possibly depends what you are after. The 2 cars are very different. Styling and interior is personal taste and many prefer the Recaros in the S1 to the Sparcos in the 400 as well as the softer suspension. They are, I'd suggest a little more comfortable over long distances.

The S1 is probably a bit more relaxed, where as the 400 is more focussed. The performance and noise of the 400 when having "fun" is however is something to behold.

Only way to tell really would be to take a drive in the 400 in a manner in which you intend to use the car and make your own mind up.

• Like 1

Im in a similar position but looking at:

1.) S1 Evora NA plus Exige V6 or

2.) Evora 400?

Currently thinking the first option is better at similar money.

Edited by Registered

It is worth it, absolutely yes.

I've just gone from 8 year old S1 to brand new 410Sport.  I hope it's worth it!

Early indications are, yes it is! :)

• Like 1

What do you make of the carbon seats after the Recaro's in your S1?

I think I might change my seats. I had 3 hours in it yesterday finishing off running in and 2.5 hours to get to Oakmere this morning for the run in service. My legs and back ache. Going to try spacing the front of the seat up a bit see if that improves it. Rocky might be getting a call on a set of GTE seats and they of course will need retrimming.

1 hour ago, tim_marra said:

I actually find them really comfortable. I need to tilt them back slighty as I have shorter legs than arms and upper body. So to get the pedal length perfect I find my arms are too close. Will get MMC to do it at first service.

My arse fits in them but could do with an inch off the arse. Working on that.

That said I did 300 miles in 2 days on mixed roads and found the seats very comfortable for me.

No issues here. I like the slightly harder, tighter, tauter feel of the whole 410 experience.

• Like 1

Yeah, tilting the seat slightly rearward seems to be the way forward. According to the internet anyway :)

It’s funny you say that about the tilt to rearward as it’s one of things I noticed straight away when sitting in an Exige 380 and an then in an Evora 410. There’s a very subtle tilt with the same seats in the Exige but the difference compared to the more upright Evora 410 is significant enough to make an important difference.

8 hours ago, tim_marra said:

Very comfortable

I made a similar switch, and it was definitely worth the upgrade for me.

My N/A had a comfortable GT feel to it (the long box probably contributed to this), whereas the 400 feels more sporty - still comfortable, but a little firmer and noticeably quicker.  Given that I only occasionally do long journeys in it, it's a better balance of priorities for me.

I have had a few teething problems with the 400 some of which are still not completely resolved, but worth sticking with it as I think this one could be a long termer like my Elise.

I went from a N/A S1 to a 400 and no regrets.

There are alot of similarities, but plenty of differences also. I recommend test driving one to see if you feel its worth the premium.

Can't remember if I posted on here but went from an S1 NA to a new Evora 410 Sport.

I miss the S1 NA terribly (loved that car) but was very surprised how well built the 410 sport is.  I never bothered with a test drive and had never even sat in a 400. Just did it all unseen over the phone and email.  Not disappointed at all, the 410 has great build quality.

21 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I never bothered with a test drive and had never even sat in a 400. Just did it all unseen over the phone and email.  

100 brave points for you sir!