Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Oz futura radinox rims - Page 2 - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Oz futura radinox rims

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
9 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Sizes

fronts are 17” x 35 bolt holes x 1”

rears are 18” x 40 bolt holes x 2.5”

Ignore the above - fronts are not that size in anyway what so ever.

so what do I have ? Well after measuring, double measuring and reading up on how to work out offsets - drum roll please - I have 3 USA S4s rears not 3 Uk fronts 🤬

i need to remove the spacers and hopefully once @Chillidoggy has measured his I can buy new backs and correct lips as I have the impossible to get centres.

bstard cars

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I’m confused as hell now. I need to know the size of the lips and the rear barrels on a uk S4s front wheel now. And the shim spacer behind the wheel centre. 

Its currently et30. And needs to be et19. Moving the wheel outboard reduces the et dimension.

confused of Worcestershire 

Only here once

I have not noticed any shims behind the wheel centre on mines, but I haven't actually checked. All I can say for now is that if there are any they hold in place alone.

I will install new tires in a near future so I may take a few measurements if the guy at the workshop let me inspect the wheels a couple of seconds. But of course I don't plan to dismantle them so the rubber seal in the middle will probably hide the edge where the measurement needs to be taken.

With a bit of luck all "wheel disc" (?, I mean the part with the five holes :D) are the same, and only the barrels respective dimensions actually makes the offset — not sure if the inner barrel can easily be sourced though ...

My Futuras have a steel spacer fitted to either the front, or rear. I cannot remember which, but I think it's the rears, but TBC. Of course, the wheel may be the correct width 8.5J or 10J overall, but it depends on inner and outer rims sizes as to where it sits axially. I believe Futuras were also fitted to Mercedes and VW, so there's any possible combination of rim sizes out there.

If Pan is correct in what he says, then the only option is for 2" and 2.75" outers front and rear for Radinox replacements for a standard OZ Futura wheel. But you need to know what combination of rim sizes you have first Barry, so a judgment can be made on where to go.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
32 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

That would be helpful, assuming you have the S4s wheels. But not if they're the Sport 300 wheels!

S4s please only !!

Only here once

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

This is now sat on the back burner for the time being. I will become weak in about 4 weeks though and just give up and place the order 👍

Only here once

• 4 months later...

Okay, so came home from another trip climbing Mountains, this time in the Caucasus, and measured the outer lips on my non-US OZ Futura's.

Front outer lip is 2,25".

Rear outer lip is 2,75".

To fit tires as in the Sport300 dimensions in Width, you need to extend the rear outer lip ½", so rear outer lips will be 3,25" to suit the tires.

On another note, som tire manufactures recommend a Wheel between 10,5" to 11,5" in Width.

Lotus went with 10,5" for reasons I suppose (apart from being 17", not 18" and another section (height).

So, fronts should do in 2,25" and rears in 3,25".

Then, if you look at the felgenfuchs.de, they have no 2,25 fronts in 17". So the nearest is 2,50" for the fronts. Or 1 step more narrow.

Keep the profile low, and it shouldn'r rub the inner Arches.

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

17 hours ago, Jacques said:

Okay, so came home from another trip climbing Mountains, this time in the Caucasus, and measured the outer lips on my non-US OZ Futura's.

Front outer lip is 2,25".

Rear outer lip is 2,75".

To fit tires as in the Sport300 dimensions in Width, you need to extend the rear outer lip ½", so rear outer lips will be 3,25" to suit the tires.

On another note, som tire manufactures recommend a Wheel between 10,5" to 11,5" in Width.

Lotus went with 10,5" for reasons I suppose (apart from being 17", not 18" and another section (height).

So, fronts should do in 2,25" and rears in 3,25".

Then, if you look at the felgenfuchs.de, they have no 2,25 fronts in 17". So the nearest is 2,50" for the fronts. Or 1 step more narrow.

Keep the profile low, and it shouldn'r rub the inner Arches.

Kind regards,

jacques

The front outer lip is 2” and the rear is 2.5” . You should measure it from the bead seat, not from the edge.

Mine are not these dimensions and they are original. I am told by all Wheel lip makers, that I should measure either total width and then subtract 1/4", or lay the outer lip down on a flat surface (say my working table in the garage), and then measure from top of the bolt patern, to the outer edge. That gives the exact same result for the lips. 2,25" front and 2,75" rear.

Does it make sense?

Kind regards,

Jacques

22 hours ago, Jacques said:

Mine are not these dimensions and they are original. I am told by all Wheel lip makers, that I should measure either total width and then subtract 1/4", or lay the outer lip down on a flat surface (say my working table in the garage), and then measure from top of the bolt patern, to the outer edge. That gives the exact same result for the lips. 2,25" front and 2,75" rear.

Does it make sense?

Kind regards,

Jacques

You’d better order a 3.25J one and compare with your stock one, and you will know what size your stock one is and how to meaursue the width of wheel.

I have two sets of oz futura, both came with 2J front and 2.5J rear outer lip. one is modified to 9J front and 12J rear and another set is still original.  

• Like 1

Okay, thanks Pan. I think it just comes Down to how one measure it. I spoke to felgenfuchs later today, and they told me to email them a Picture of the rear outer lip, and they will send back a drawing of Measurements.

Anyway, I think then I'll order two 17"*2" front and two 18"*3,25" rear in radinox. I got tired of polishing so many BBS RS and OZ split rims.

More later.

Kind regards,

jacques

Thing is, that I was told by two Companies WHO make parts for these Wheels, how to measure it. I did, and they seemed like 2,25" front and 2,75" rear.

But Pan objected to this saying that they are 2" front and 2,5" rear (European sized Futura's).

So I called Felgenfuchs and they sent me a Picture of how to measure it looking like Pan is right, but with a bit of error margin. It depends how wide you measure the outer tyre support edge.

So, let's call it 2" front and 2,5" rear. Fronts have 35 bolt holes of 7mm and rears have 40 bolt holes of 7mm. Valve holes are 8,3mm.

They don't make the radinox in 2,5" * 18", but either 2,5" or 2,75" to be close to standard.

Hope this answers your question.

Kind regards,

jacques