free hit
counters
Vicious engine cut when coming off throttle at 6k - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
k20Rob

Vicious engine cut when coming off throttle at 6k

I'm not sure what is going on here, when I lift at what seems to be exactly 6k I get a brutal engine/limiter cut.

I have the car in sport mode (I haven't actually tried in other modes yet). I was experimenting on the weekend whilst out for a drive, lifting at 5k fine, 5.5k fine, 5.8k fine. 6k gets the violent cut and jump from the engine. All in a straight line also, and even rolling off the throttle at the start of lifting, not just a complete lift. The car is perfectly stable and straight when doing the lift, so no reason at all for the car to think it is about to lose control.

Does anyone else's car do this? It worries me that one day I'll want to lightly lift off a bit and the car may not be going perfectly straight and cause the car to become unsettled, as it really is a violent reaction from the engine that is causing quite a bit of weight transfer and shock to the car.

Is it poor mapping from the factory maybe? Is the stability getting panicked with a lift at such high rpm?

The car is a 350 sport, just a 2bular backbox fitted.

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds like a warranty issue to me - I take it being a Sport 350 the car is still under manufacturer warranty? If so get it into the dealer and let them solve the problem as it quite clearly isn’t right 

If you do,  I’d take the aftermarket exhaust off the car first. 

• Was it like this before the rear box was fitted
  • Any electrical add on’s fitted (tracker, GPS stereo)
  • Does this happen in std mode
  • What gear?
  • What fuel is being run, 98ron?