free hit
counters
Boot leaks - Page 3 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

PJS scratched their heads thinking now could be from wheel arch but get wet when parked ?

will try to park nose down on my slight incline drive ? 

Maybe I have a Evora gremlin who is pouring water when car is parked ???? Lol 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So fix it mate.  Honestly, you're marring the experience of what is one of the finest cars in the world with a small, yes, small issue and turning into a much bigger deal. I've been out in my Evo

@Cdm2018 As Whitey has said, screw the 2 rubber bungs in to make a tighter seal between tailgate and bootbox. It will mean the spoiler won't be flush with the rear clam but if it cures it you're half

I do wonder about the future of lotus owners, if you cba to investigate and fix the issues yourself, especially when much of it has been documented here. Something about leading a horse to water.

On 07/06/2018 at 15:04, Bibs said:

We poured water in through the vent at the bottom of the glass, that's where it's getting in from. It's somehow getting from there through the boot lip into the boot. When Andy moved the join off centre it stopped almost all the ingress. 

Bibs......I'm going to sound a bit thick here

I think mine does the same...the water comes from the window vent......

Exactly what did he do?.......I can't see moving the seal doing anything....as I'm sure the water gets in from the boot lid trim card.....

Any help much appreciated 

Thanks

G

I might try to replicate with my phone on video record in the boot

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Very short sighted view from dealer, as I for one wouldn’t buy from them now based on your experience.  Every Lotus I have had, has needed to go back to dealer for some form of warranty work, so you need to feel confident the dealer will look after you. 

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

TBH 

i thought buying from lotus would give me assurance on all aspects of the car?

it wasn’t until we discussed the detail of the car purchase did I learn the warranty was covering only if the car is not driveable not caused by wear & tear which is still subjective to the dealer has the last say ! 

My starter motor was replaced week no trouble by warranty so small blessings I guess 

boot leaks still making boot only useable if I put anything in plastic bags again it’s been dry the last few weeks more than rain ?

if a decent lotus garage have drawn a blank I am going to struggle to resolve this annoying problem 🙁

Tbh

I expect a manufacturer warranty if its new......if it's second hand I expect a minimal cover for 3 months.....doesn't matter if it's from a dealer or not........

I've had the holes drilled and the seal replaced....that cured the problem for a while......then it came back........

I've removed my carpet at present.....just as it retains the moisture........

I'm just waiting for enough time to explore myself.....unless someone finds the answer in the mean time

There was a bulletin about drilling 4 drain holes in the boot floor to let any water drain out. Without them then any water that gets in just collects and gets worse and worse.

Gav 

I've got the holes....... they don't stop the water ingress they just help it to go through the boot rather than pond

Snows have been good ie the starter motor however they knew the boot was leaking before they sold the car in addition the sub never worked which they should have told me and to make matters worse the head unit died on me this week  

I had alerted them to these issues within the first months of ownership but as they have unique stance on their warranty I am where I am 

I will get a new head unit swapped over and new sub but this doesn’t detract from a fab car it’s just been a bitter after taste of buying experience shame 

Within 6 months it's nothing to do with the 3rd party warranty and all to do with the 2015 Sale of Good Act. 

The car must be Of satisfactory quality, Fit for purpose, and As described and the onus is on the Dealer to prove that a problem was not there when the car was sold.

Leaking book, I don't care what Lotus say, a water tight boot on a modern car is a given.  Their problem.

Sub, they should have told you it was faulty, they didn't.  Their problem.

Head unit, 8 year old car, I'd be pushing them but I could accept that it's age/wear and tear related.

Must say, given your experiences with Snows I would never consider buying a car from them.

Wonder if it’s worth engaging Citizens Advice? Or another consumer watchdog? Given that Snows are a large franchise, they ought to be leveraging Lexus customer service skills.... which they don’t seem to be leveraging any customer service skills :lol:

Currently Owned: 2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400 'Hethel Edition' in Essex Blue, Red Leather, Red Calipers, Silver Forged Wheels
Previously Owned: 2010 Lotus Evora NA in Solar Yellow, Sports Pack, Tech Pack, "Heritage Edition" Recaro Seats
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

FWIW... the Sub on my MY14 SR does not work either... I simply think it's not connected, rather than being faulty!

Not bothered, I am having it upgraded anyway at some point.

If you want a replacement headunit, I have the original head unit from the S1 Evora CD player is a bit dodgy skips a few times I think it needs one of lens cleaning discs?  But other than that it was working fine, bluetooth, radio, GPS, reverse camera image etc .. 

Currently its just sitting around doing nothing, no idea what its worth, if you are interested send me a PM with a fair offer.

Much appreciate that kind gesture Electro !

i have a nice pioneer unit sat in loft which I am going to swap it even plays DVD so my daughter can watch movie on route to school. Only thing I lose is my satnav but I use my iPhone mostly but can get my tom Tom from other son if needed?

my oldest son going to sort out the swap and he concerned about wiring loom as he couldn’t locate anything on internet about lotus loom ? 

If you can see the screen from the drivers seat, I think it's illegal to be playing DVD's while you're driving mate. Just so you're aware. Might be better letting your daughter have an iPad in the car instead.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

On 10/06/2018 at 22:19, Cdm2018 said:

Gav

any chance of referencing the bulletin ? I would be willing to try anything at this stage ? 

Can't seem to find it, but it was 5 years ago! Have a look in your boot floor, you may have already have them.

Gav 

Don't wish to teach anyone to suck eggs but you're aware there's a sub menu to turn the sub on and off? (No pun intended!!😄)... It's not an easy menu to find but is there about 3 or 4 sub menu pages in...

My sub wasn't switched on when I bought the car. It took me a while but I found the menu eventually. Couldn't believe the previous owner never had it on😂

If you're replacing it and have an IPhone I highly recommend the Alpine ILX-107...it's brilliant. Wireless connectivity. Great sound with Apple Maps, Deezer, Digital Radio etc is all just brilliant. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/appleinsider.com/articles/17/08/20/review-alpines-ilx-107-is-the-first-and-best-aftermarket-wireless-carplay-receiver/amp/

Sounds a fab  headunit but I have a spare unit already so will save some money for other things like probably new sub or amp ?

just received the clarion keys to begin swapping out the head units I will then know the score with sub / amp ? 

Washed the car today still got leaks I didn’t put talc on the sides to determine the leak points ☹️