free hit
counters
Sport 300 restoration - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well done @Final Edition that's an amazing find.

• Like 1

Where on earth did you find that :wub:

• Like 1

Whaaaaat?! Where on earth did you find it?  Very glad you’ve got it though, and that you’ll be documenting the resto in here. Massive news!

Let me know if I can help pick bits up or whatever while you’re away.

Might be cheaper just to start making you offers now!

:thumbup:

• Like 1

Wicked! Always loved the stance of the Sport300 - I remember being wowed at it being 300HP at the time! Relatively little now! Very nice though and probably my favourite Non-G Esprit.......... 

There was always a young chap who used to turn up to Donnington for the Lotus Show in a BRG Sport300 - he always wore racing boots - Yes I was envious!

Look forward to seeing progress...........

Edited by nello
  • Like 1

Wow!:blush::wub:

• Like 1

It was hidden in plain sight at Lotus. Typically the people 'in the know' kept it to themselves. I was connected to the owner, gave a sensible offer, kept negotiations polite and to my word. It took a few months but I had a limit to spend considering the work required to get it back to a good condition. It has been looked after extremely well, I have full service records, receipts, MOT's, and tax discs etc so I will restore it sympathetically and try to keep the paintwork original if possible. It's a legendary car that I will be taking great care of.

Thanks  @The Pits  , for your offer. I might pm you for hints in regard to getting the K699 JCL plate back on the car but it should be a formality as it was originally assigned to the car. 

• Like 1

Nice find Jo, you should bring it out to Portland. It can keep my "JPS" company out in the Gorge!

• Like 1

Didn't that used to belong to a chap called Martin up in the North West? I remember him saying he wanted to sell it at one of the Stoneleigh shows about 10 years ago and I'm sure I've still got his number! 

Good luck with the restoration Jo, it'll be stunning when you're done no doubt :D

• Like 1

What a car .Wow The best looking s car ever made .Glad it's gone to a good home .....Mike

• Like 1

I’m very partial to an early Giugiaro Turbo but you might actually be right. Desireability way beyond its power and performance.

I have to say it looks pretty damn fine all dirty!

• Like 1

I like the interior :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Well done, is it the car that sat outside lotus motor sport for ages. Cracking find 

• Like 1

Yes Stuart, it was meant to be rebuilt at Lotus but the motor sport department was closed down leaving it stranded for a while. 

Looked at it and would have love to have bought it . Well done, cracking car. A proper piece of history and probably one of the most sought after lotus ever

• Like 1

I heard you had this last Friday. Nice one Jo

• Like 1

It is your V8 for sale on Car and classic ? What a hard decision, looks stunning 

• Like 1

My copper fire is for sale on Car and Classic, open to offers! PM me if anyone is interested. I can always get another S3 turbo and I have a stack of Compomotive CX500 split rim wheels in storage. Sport 300's on the other hand....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Final Edition said:

My copper fire is for sale on Car and Classic, open to offers! PM me if anyone is interested. I can always get another S3 turbo and I have a stack of Compomotive CX500 split rim wheels in storage. Sport 300's on the other hand....

Totally understand your thinking Jo - you’ll never find another Esprit as worthy of restoring as this one. Having said that bodily a restoration doesn’t look necessary - it looks to be a wash away from perfection! 

I absolutely love it......but I won’t be alone. This was the inspiration for my S4s purchase. As nice as it was the Esprit Sport 300 in Yellow is a whole lot more special.

Is the colour Norfolk Mustard? I remember hearing the Sport 300’s in Yellow were Mica Yellow but the more I see photos the more I think this wasn’t the case......?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Final Edition said:

Exactly!

I don't think you'd get a chance of buying a car like this again for a long while. I'm surprised others didn't try. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Exactly!

I don't think you'd get a chance of buying a car like this again for a long while. I'm surprised others didn't try. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Right - I can’t believe he found this one.

im gonna put this out there right now. If anyone knows of another like this - let me know please so the missus can put you on the divorce petition 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's Norfolk Mustard, although I prefer Mica Yellow. The Birmingham Motor Show car was Mica, it must have been an early prototype as it had the TR7 door handles. 

• Thanks 1