free hit
counters
Sport 300 restoration - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Looks great in Norfolk Mustard. Think you have he pick of the crop personally. Great stuff 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What a stunning car.

You can keep your dry sumps, Essex's (but not your S1's) etc. This is the definitive Esprit IMO.

8gRJQrE.jpg

B05 Norfolk Mustard paint code

Zrni2YE.jpg

No.008

J2lfa6F.jpg

I think I'm missing a fuse box cover. Does anyone have a spare one I can buy?

Please wash her! :lol:

• Like 2

Don’t wash her - you’ll put some of us to shame 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

Boggles the mind how anyone could own such a thing and then just lose interest (not you Jo, the former keeper!).

I'd feel compelled to restore a 300 at huge cost back to Fabian levels. Probably just as well that I never found one.

Despite keeping my eye out for some years now, I passed on the chance to buy the black car 063 and ended up buying my dry sump Turbo instead. Since then we've seen only the formerly Krypton Green (now yellow) and a BRG car for sale both of which have a very colourful history.

That's your lot.

• Like 1

How miles has the car done Jo?

Jo, it might be worth having a scan over the old ASO Parts List Sales docs, they listed a few Sport 300 parts which might still be available at those prices. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Thanks @Bibs, there was a stack of parts from Lotus next to the car. Unfortunately they consisted of odd parts E.g One rear brake caliper, one front damper, one drivers seat shell (untrimmed) etc. I passed on purchasing them and quite frankly my bank balance needs time to recover before I start hoarding bits for the restoration!

Ridiculously I'm stressing out trying to find the cover for the ABS pump and relays, part number A082M4896K but I'm sure one will come along in time.

@Final Edition if I can manage to track down clear rear quarter and drop window glass and rear Wolfrace wheels I'm sure your covers will turn up!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vulcan Grey said:

@Final Edition not sure if you have seen this thread... It hasn't been mentioned here yet!

Thanks Travis, I was reading it as your message came up! It's a beautiful restoration, I don't think I'm going to go so far as to re-galvanize the chassis, truly epic!

I'd like to get the suspension looking all shiny and new again with new bushings and brakes. One day I'll respray it but the current condition doesn't warrant that amount of work.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Final Edition said:

one drivers seat shell (untrimmed)

Do you happen to know its price? :D

22 hours ago, Final Edition said:

Ridiculously I'm stressing out trying to find the cover for the ABS pump and relays, part number A082M4896K but I'm sure one will come along in time.

Hi Giniw, sorry I don't. They are discounted (as they try to clear out old stock) so you could try contacting a local Lotus dealer for a price.

When I used to work at Lotus I could contact the parts department directly. Alas working for Daimler Trucks nowadays I no longer have those privileges!

47 minutes ago, Final Edition said:

Hi Giniw, sorry I don't. They are discounted (as they try to clear out old stock) so you could try contacting a local Lotus dealer for a price.

When I used to work at Lotus I could contact the parts department directly. Alas working for Daimler Trucks nowadays I no longer have those privileges!

Jo seems you have gone from a place where they just add lightness to one where they just add weight!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Final Edition said:

They are discounted (as they try to clear out old stock) so you could try contacting a local Lotus dealer for a price.

Interesting, thanks. Actually I am surprised they still have some seat shells, as SJS is selling copies I always assumed the original were no longer available.

• Like 1

I've been on a Photography workshop at the factory today and some of it was done in the old motorsports department. What looked like the 300 parts are in a pile on the floor!

B9999483.JPG

• Like 1

@21gg> Do you happen to have a contact where I can ask them their best price for the seat? (it has no hole, hasn't it?)

(EDIT: I have just sent an email to the motorsports departement, just in case :D)

Yes, those were the parts set aside for my car. Sorry, not sure where to ring as an outsider. I was allowed to call the parts department direct when I was there but I don't think they speak to 'civilians'!

A Lotus dealer should be able to inquire for you, it's all listed on a database so they should be able to decipher what's available.w

(The thing is, Lotus dealers here in France are not so very easy to find in the neighbourhood :D — that said, I may still try one if I get no answer from them after a while)

Sorry Giniw, Im not sure who you could call either, but at least you know they are still there!

Gav

Well we'll see if I have an answer to my email :) (with a bit of luck it will be forwarded to the right people)

On 17/04/2018 at 16:45, Final Edition said:

Thanks @Bibs, there was a stack of parts from Lotus next to the car. Unfortunately they consisted of odd parts E.g One rear brake caliper, one front damper, one drivers seat shell (untrimmed) etc. I passed on purchasing them and quite frankly my bank balance needs time to recover before I start hoarding bits for the restoration!

Hi Jo  @Final Edition

Just seen the thread on your lovely new purchase, congratulations on finding such a rare car :) 

Did you find a " ABS/relay cover" in the end ? I have a spare cover, (it had a slight crack in it, which I've super glued) if you want it, just PM me

Rgds

Dragan

• Like 1