free hit
counters
Sport 300 restoration - Page 3 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
19 hours ago, Hornsey Boy said:

Hi Jo  @Final Edition

Just seen the thread on your lovely new purchase, congratulations on finding such a rare car :) 

Did you find a " ABS/relay cover" in the end ? I have a spare cover, (it had a slight crack in it, which I've super glued) if you want it, just PM me

Rgds

Dragan

Hi Dragan

Thanks for the offer. The ABS cover was hidden in the front compartment, my friend fished it out whilst rummaging around it. So glad to have all these pieces still intact. It all adds to the originality!

tF2GRZq.jpg 

Fantastic news and well done to the DVLA for been such good sports. 

Great car !

• Like 1

A

This model is by far the most interesting Esprit, imho. I'll follow this thread for sure.

Happy restoration!

Kind regards,

Jacques

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

@Jack Stone kindly posted pix of Johnny Herbert and Pedro Lamy outside Ketteringham Hall with a Sport 300 in another post.

It had a different number plate to mine but my friend spotted some interesting autographs on the sun visors on my car. Johnny Herbert's is definitely visible but I'm unsure of the other 4, could one of them be @Kimbers ? I guess Johnny signed mine sometime between 1993 and 1994 when he raced for Team Lotus. 

t9sX76U.jpg

GTCMwgh.jpg

PC3bZJe.jpg

jqXk4pZ.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for sharing, a really nice video!!

(I am surprised the R888 is available for the Sport 300 rims, you guys are lucky! — although I haven't tried them but I suspect they are good ^^)

I am going to watch it again :D

Seriously, it is by far the best Esprit video I have ever seen!

@Final Edition you should post it in the "pictures & video thread" (

)

Hi Giniw

The Toyo R888 fitment on the Sport 300 has been well documented by @jollyroger and @ERIC340R  on the following thread...

I live in America nowadays, Toyo have updated the spec, they are now called R888R.  I'm hoping to import the car to California later this year, good to know tyres will not be an issue for me!

2K82fpm.jpg

• Like 1

Hi everyone, fantastic to see the thread, brilliant car. The car with the original Marina door handles was the motor show car if I remember correctly? Back in the early 90s pretty certain it was for sale at London Lotus centre in Chiswell Green. We knew the MD of the dealership from the village pub and I loved lotus so much I did my A-Level business studies project on the dealer and ended up working there on reception during school hols while ther receptonist was on leave, which as a 17yr old surrounding by Esprit was obviously great. Pretty sure it or another sport 300 was displayed so sold and about to be shipped to Japan. After the original show car was shown, Lotus then announced the Esprit S4 and the 300 received similar updates so recall being told only one like that or at least not many.  They seemed to have a great relationship with Hethel and get all the management cars to sell on.

Great to see the Carfection video, the Esprit deserves more recognition other than those in the know and Hollywood and if had a Porsche badge surely be worth significant 6 figure sum.

• Like 2

watching Catchpole hold the over steer on throttle in standing water makes me realize that even though my S4 has been improved dramatically with new shocks and set up it still has a long way to go. Any throttle mid bend in the wet causes massive over steer. New rear tyres are the first port of call as the Avons currently on are about 9 yrs old. Love how much more aggressive the 300 Sport looks. 350 sport never looked that purposeful.

• Like 2

Don’t forget that sport 300 has an LSD in the gearbox - and that’s conducive to powersliding 👍

• Like 2

Only here once

13 hours ago, boyd said:

Hi

Good Evening 

Should you have any thoughts on selling the car please let me know

regards  

Join what will be a very long queue Boyd😂 

• Like 2

Get back !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

On 19/01/2019 at 20:29, Final Edition said:

The Toyo R888 fitment on the Sport 300 has been well documented by @jollyroger and @ERIC340R  on the following thread...

Thank you, actually I thought the wheels were 16" both front and rear ^^. Anyway, you S300 owners are lucky to be able to buy these :)

• Like 1

For those interested in sourcing a Sport 300, here's one for sale in Germany...

https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/lotus-esprit-300-sport-gasoline-e96d639b-e2a6-4d56-86dc-8570d809f15b?cldtidx=6

Yes I have spotted it too ^^

It doesn't have its bucket seats though, which is a pity in my opinion!
And I am surprised it has an armrest storage compartment, I thought the S300 didn't have one?

(but I just read in the description that it has cup holders, which must be very unique! :D)

• Like 1

That's because it's not coffee cup holders, but the cup's it won over the years ;)

Kind regards,

Jacques

• Haha 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)