free hit
counters
Momo steering wheel - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Fairlineguy

Momo steering wheel

My S2 has a two spoke leather momo steering wheel which I would like to retain.

Can anyone recommend where in the uk I can get it recovered? Also where they original fittment as I seen on line a referance to them being fitted to JPS cars?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The one on EBay was never fitted by Lotus, it's a Momo with a JPS logo on it. The Lotus Esprit never had any JPS logoes on it, it was done in the colours of the 1978 race team that were sponsored by JPS. Lotus called the car the World Championship Commemorative Edition Esprit S2. 

On 16-4-2018 at 08:26, v8vantage said:

The one on EBay was never fitted by Lotus, it's a Momo with a JPS logo on it. The Lotus Esprit never had any JPS logoes on it, it was done in the colours of the 1978 race team that were sponsored by JPS. Lotus called the car the World Championship Commemorative Edition Esprit S2. 

Oh yes, that is a genuine lotus esprit momo steering wheel. The JPS decal is not original, but the steering wheel is. 

Those were fitted on the giugiaro Turbo esprits. I have one fitted on my 1980 S2.2. The thing is , there is also a centre pad on that steering wheel, that makes it look a bit different then the one on ebay. I took some random pictures from the internet.

post-17501-0-08109300-1437992262.jpg

post-17501-0-95318500-1437992247.jpgpost-17501-0-36386300-1437992284.jpg

Edited by gvy

Funny you should mention this - when we took the 2-spoke Momo wheel off Essex No.017 - there was a JPS logo on the metal centre-ring under the 'boss' cover? The logo was definately factory - we don't think by that point the wheel had ever been removed!

Edited by nello