free hit
counters
Have You Ever Seen A Speedo Move So Quickly? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Have You Ever Seen A Speedo Move So Quickly?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not convinced this is real. The 0-60 time seems right, but it's weird the way the speedometer needle jumps from 55 to 65 and it's also weird the way it just stops and moves ahead at each shift - as if there were no momentum. Additionally, I think the speed falls off way too fast after 190 -- did he release a drogue chute? :-)

I wonder whether someone just hooked up an instrument cluster to some electronic controls and then just added sound later in the video.

Maybe I'm just cynical; I've seen a lot of faked stuff on the web and my coworkers are especially gullible.

Edited by mr50bmg

All Cows Eat Grass

He claims it was taken on an airstrip which I'm guessing would be pretty straight :band: ...and smooth.

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

Here's another one with a crazy speedo...

This car is psycho!

Modifying esprit's.. now that's fun..

PS... I AM NOT A CERTIFIED MECHANIC.. I Have chosen to help those in need, in the past and must not be construed as being a certified technician.

Well, a bit of vibration seems to build up, I guess we cannot see the actual steering wheel - I do not believe it would run that straight without correction. (hell, I'd be all over the place).

face value but nice to think someone really did that.

As an aside do you think 'Rendevous' is real (answer not entirely ?)

I thought it strange that he seems to engage the clutch at top speed as the revs die off quickly, is that the safest way to slow down from almost 200mph?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I think its real.

The official Factory 0 to 60 time for this car is 3.5 secs and the quarter mile is 11.9 at 125 mph.

If you look at the You Tube timer, the car moves at 13 seconds and is doing 60 at 18 seconds, which is 5 secs 0 to 60 approx.

It gets to 125 mph at 27 seconds which is a time of 14 secs for the standing quarter mile approx.

So this car is actually accelerating slower than the factorys performance claims! :band:

I drove a standard manual transmission version of the C6 coupe in Texas last year (one of the GM press fleet cars ), On a deserted industrial park I opened it up andit felt as fast as an Aston-Martin DB9 manual I had driven.Its certainally a quick car by anybodys standards and a bargain at the price.

Im quite taken with the Ron Fellows edition Z06.

20070321-chevrolet-corvette-z06-ron-fellows-edition.jpg

Edited by WayneB
SUNP0003-1.jpg

I think its real.

The official Factory 0 to 60 time for this car is 3.5 secs and the quarter mile is 11.9 at 125 mph.

If you look at the You Tube timer, the car moves at 13 seconds and is doing 60 at 18 seconds, which is 5 secs 0 to 60 approx.

It gets to 125 mph at 27 seconds which is a time of 14 secs for the standing quarter mile approx.

So this car is actually accelerating slower than the factorys performance claims! :)

I drove a standard manual transmission version of the C6 coupe in Texas last year (one of the GM press fleet cars ), On a deserted industrial park I opened it up andit felt as fast as an Aston-Martin DB9 manual I had driven.Its certainally a quick car by anybodys standards and a bargain at the price.

Im quite taken with the Ron Fellows edition Z06.

20070321-chevrolet-corvette-z06-ron-fellows-edition.jpg

but bloody h3ll, $7500 for paint and a signature (and probably more mark-up for the dealers over MSRP due to limited edition)?? :)

tried to poke holes in the video, too, thinking the run couldn't be done in less than 3 mi. in 1 min from stop to 3 mi/min but my feeble physics only came up with about 2 1/2 miles (provided he can stop in 1/2 mi :band: )