free hit
counters
Announcement: TLF International Lotus Day 2018 - Page 2 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Announcement: TLF International Lotus Day 2018

Had such a great time there last year.. its  a shame corporate muppetness yet again gets in the way of enjoyment...  there really are some very sad people who dream up some poor excuses to stop the fun in these big corporate companies..

it must be quite frustrating for Mr Bibs.. i imagine..

i mean  "anti-competitive"  really?

still waiting for the big event to be announced at Hethel....to celebrate 70years..  wonder what this excuse will be...  

i emailed marketing a couple of weeks back , not even a reply yet..

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just leave it a year, still call it the 70th celebration and tell everyone it has been on back order. Problem solved 

Very sad to hear this, the MBW days have been fantastic and along with the Brands festival one of the highlights of the year. I'm pretty sure most here would rather pay an entry fee than lose the

I’d happily pay - it’s a great spot - hotels great as well.  Trouble is I suppose - some buggers are too tight to even pay for ffm on here 👍

Posted Images

There's no-one in marketing at present. I understand someone new is on the way.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks for your efforts Bibs,

Agree with all the comments on here, happy to follow on with whatever comes to pass and if it involves an entry fee - happy to pay.

More than a little short sighted from MBW.  The chance to have a couple of hundred well heeled car enthusiasts turn up and browse your latest offerings is surely more meaningful marketing than people dragging their kids round the museum.

most of us have more than one car - My everyday car is a Merc SL FFS!

anyway - look forward to meeting up with the usual gang whenever or wherever it may be!

Dunc

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Was looking forward to attending this year. However, if you are looking for a new venue @Bibs can I kindly suggest that you see if something more centrally located could be an option.

Brooklands is all well and good but it is an 8 hour drive from Edinburgh/Glasgow, 9 hours plus from where I live and nearer 11 hours for Aberdeen and Inverness.

Somewhere around the Midlands (Silverstone / Oulton Park) or the equivalent north (Knockhill!) would be ideal please Sir......

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Silverstone is a good call.... perhaps even ask Lotus Silverstone to assist with circuit?

As an example, even the vx220 boys arrange a “national” weekend where we have a track day, gathering and piss up.

This year is Anglesea and it’s free to attend if you’re not tracking.

• Like 1

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Agreed. I am soooo looking forward to the VX220 one at Anglesey this year.

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

This is really sad news and doesnt portray MBW  in a great light. Fair enough they might want to charge (no problem in paying a reasonable admission), but to refuse altogether because they fear the competition (?) is pretty shabby.

• Like 1

It’s interesting... MBW is close enough to visit, but I’ve never been inclined to make the visit... until TLF held a gathering there in 2016.

I’ve not been back and nor would I currently, there simply wasn’t enough for me to do, without wandering round the Lotus cars.

Go figure, they got £200 out of me because of Lotus (driving experience), they would have got it otherwise.

• Like 2

On Order: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

• Gold FFM

Yep exactly the same for me. My lads had some driving experiences the last two times we have been. 

Their loss I suppose

Only here once

Same for me. I bought my daughter an under 17 driving experience for her 13th birthday last October having enquired during the 2017 do. Was going to go again, and get my son one when he is tall enough. Maybe somewhere else now.

• Like 1

With the interest shown in Brooklands & MBW would anyone be interested in a Lotus club stand at the Brookland's Supercar day 28th July? 

Just a thought ☺️

• Like 2

I still can't believe Lotus haven't seen the opportunity! Oh well, and was looking forward to the drive down!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

On 16/04/2018 at 12:34, Bibs said:

Ironic isn't it! 

It started to change last year when they wanted to charge us £4,800 to host the event. 

Who benefits here? - Yes we have a very enjoyable day but if they don’t make that up in small change in other spends let alone press and good PR, I’d be very surprised. Nobody minds paying somewhat but you don’t want to knowingly have your pants taken down quite that much! - Glad you said no to them at that cost.

Edited by mayesprit

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I think it is good to go to somewhere that is open to the public so as to get interest from outside the Lotus ownership circle.

On that basis I'd give a vote for Brooklands (even though it is round the hated M25).

Maybe Gaydon would be another possibility

• Like 2
On 16/04/2018 at 18:06, Mark Blanchard said:

Excuse my ignorance but could it be held next door at the Brooklands site?  There is a vast new concourses area where the old hanger used to be, from the main build to the original track.  We went there last September and recon there were at least 800 cars parked there and on the track.

Or does Mercedes now own the Brooklands site too?

I had suggested Brooklands, too.  It seems obvious.  Wonderful atmosphere.  Same location.  All the necessary space.  Great food.

On 16/04/2018 at 18:25, Bibs said:

That's an option for next year, but I was trying to keep this event free and they charge entry. 

I don't think we'll mind paying...  You get fantastic value for money there, too.  Wonderful atmosphere.  Same location.  All the necessary space.  Great food.  We own a Lotus for Heaven's sake therefore no one can 'not' afford to pay for this.

On 16/04/2018 at 20:03, The Pits said:

Very sad to hear this, the MBW days have been fantastic and along with the Brands festival one of the highlights of the year.

I'm pretty sure most here would rather pay an entry fee than lose the event altogether. Still, must be a lot of hard work for very little financial reward (if any!) I can understand taking a break for a year.

Thanks for all the days we have had. :thumbup:

Absolutely.  Brooklands!!!  Obvious.  TBH, always felt guilty that it was free anyway!!!  At least paying for Brooklands, we get a fantastic load of value-for-money in return.  It's not as if we're paying the fee to attend a meet in an empty field in the middle of nowhere!  Does anyone really have to start listing all the advantages, benefits and attractions of the Brooklands site.  Don't forget the hotel.  And you can still use all of the MBW facilities/attractions.

Personally I would prefer a move away from MBW and Brooklands. I've been 3 times for the TLF event, both on a day trip and also overnight twice at the lovely hotel. It is a good venue, but we've seen it all before. MB is daft to expect people to pay to visit their glorified showroom! They get plenty of money from us anyway for food, drink, merchandise etc. We've also done the neighbouring Brooklands museum to death now, so have no desire to revisit that . Time for a change methinks.

12 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

How bigs the carpark at spearmint rhino ??

It’s normally less costly if you park your car round the corner from experience 😜 swmbo doesn’t find out that way 

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

How bigs the carpark at spearmint rhino ??

You tell us!!

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 minute ago, C8RKH said:

Brooklands and MBW is great if you live in the south. For the rest of us its no fooking use at all. Lets have something more central please. This is not the playground after all!

Well said totally agree

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Brooklands and MBW is great if you live in the south. For the rest of us its no fooking use at all. Lets have something more central please. This is not the playground after all!

Here we go devolution all over again 😂🎣

• Love 1

Only here once

• Bibs unpinned this topic